New
Find
Notify
Tools

Atomic Blonde Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
Atomic Blonde, any one going to see it? Looks good, I read that it is set in 1989. It will be interesting to see what guns are used. I've read that it should rival John Wick.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Friday matinee!

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3685 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be up for a "matinee" with Charlize Theron any day of the week. Wink

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
This looks interesting, thanks for the heads-ups, I had not heard of it.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Saw the Friday matinee! Go see it! Plenty good 80s music, action and weaponry!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Theron is hard to resist.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
She is one that defiantly gets hotter as she ages!

Beth Greene

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
The movie was awful.

Terrible color grading made it way too hard to watch. 80's soundtrack felt forced. Storyline was fragmented. Just overall a painful experience.

It had one redeeming fight scene, the "stairwell" scene.... But save your money.

It tried to be cool, like John Wick, but just ended up trying too hard.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Terrible color grading made it way too hard to watch.

So, I'm guessing a lot of orange and blue...? Wink

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
So how was the sex scene between Charlize Theron and Sofia Boutella?

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
So how was the sex scene between Charlize Theron and Sofia Boutella?

Nothing to write home about. And pretty random. Like they needed a girl on girl sex scene just to be different.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
quote:
Terrible color grading made it way too hard to watch.

So, I'm guessing a lot of orange and blue...? Wink

Lots of blue, and almost completely desaturated.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I think blue was built in kind of as part of a touch of theme Smile Smile

Beth Greene

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
No, I get what they were trying to accomplish with their color grading...it's just too much and was actually hard to watch.

Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Mrs Highlander and I just got back from seeing it. This is NOT a good movie. I had such high hopes but it is a mess. It seems it can't decide whether it wants to be an action movie or a gritty Cold War thriller and thus fails at both. My recommendation is to put on a Bowie tune and watch the trailer.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
226 spied.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, I get what they were trying to accomplish with their color grading...it's just too much and was actually hard to watch.

I saw it too, I agree sometimes the camera effects and color actually took away from the scene.

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Wife and I were planning on going to the early show this morning, then we started reading Mz Theron's anti-gun political views... another Hollywood hypocrite.

Passed on paying $ for this, may watch it when its on free tv and then again, may not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, my local mall has a second run theater where it's only $2.50. I'll wait.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have gotten to the point, where I don't go to any Bond movie or similar action film without first reading the plot on line. If I don't, I have no idea, what the hell is going on for the next two hours. I tried that with Atomic Blonde and couldn't even figure out the plot summary so looks like I'm staying home.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post