SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Punisher II January 18 Netflix
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Punisher II January 18 Netflix Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Watched Episode 1 last night. Fantastic. Could have been it’s own movie with a little wrap up.
I’ll watch tonight with a Bulleit Rye on the rocks.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loved it! Watched the first 2. My favorite parts were when he's wrapping his arm with his belt and the stoopid bad chick tells him he's in way over his head! At a minimum lady, anyone who chooses to stay in a bathroom outnumbered 3/1 with knives and calmly prepares...is no stranger to violence.

I also like when the girl asked if he thought there were more and he said he hoped so! They shot his new girl, he's not done killing them for that.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The story this season is much weaker than season 1. The religious zealot is a bit to much of a stretch. The police station episode is beyond credulity even for this series.

Billy Ruso's face is not nearly jacked up enough to be jigsaw.

Still watching and only through episode 5 but not as good as season 1.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Agree, needed to me much worse for the part.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Okay a Big Giant WTF on this season story line. I won't post spoilers and I'll wait for others to catch up / post, but what a shitty job the writers did in this story line.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked episode 1. Frank's new girl is cute. The rough road line was pretty funny. Hope it's at least as entertaining as season 1.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
4 episodes in and so far it is the best of the marvels so far. Intense psycho thriller.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Pretty disappointed in the 2nd season. I'm four episodes in and doubt I'll even finish it.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
I liked episode 1. Frank's new girl is cute. The rough road line was pretty funny. Hope it's at least as entertaining as season 1.

The "rough road" chick isn't really his girl. She's 16 (okay, in reality she's 21ish, so I don't feel creepy saying she's hot too LOL) and more like his reason for getting all Punishy. His "girl" is the tatted bartender, played by Alexa Davalos(sp?) who I finally recalled is one of the leads in The Man in the High Castle.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
quote:

The "rough road" chick isn't really his girl. She's 16 (okay, in reality she's 21ish, so I don't feel creepy saying she's hot too LOL) and more like his reason for getting all Punishy. His "girl" is the tatted bartender, played by Alexa Davalos(sp?) who I finally recalled is one of the leads in The Man in the High Castle.

Alexa Davalos was also Kyra (Jack) in The Chronicles of Riddick. I knew I had seen her somewhere too and it took a while to figure it out.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Episode 1 done.

I will stick around.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Okay the second half of the season is way better than the first half.

Spoiler below

Spoiler below

Why does the first half of the season revolve around a Alt-Right Corporate CEO type who is so ashamed of his gay son that he murders everyone who comes in contact with pictures of his son kissing a man. And also a big WTF on the Russians wanting this gay politician to become president so they can blackmail him with the photos. It is such weak writing.

The second half when its Billy vs Frank that was what this entire season should have been.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I'm three episodes into Season 2. It's okay, much like the first season. It's well-filmed, but it takes itself oh so seriously. It feels so restrained. Does it ever take off? I prefer a little Grand Guignol to action scenes, especially ones based on harsher comic books.

Anyone see Dredd? Now there's a comic book movie! Bullets passing through heads in slo-mo, skinned bodies dropped from 50 stories up, SMGs blasting faces off at point blank range, THAT'S what I crave in my comic action scenes!

And that police station siege was pathetic. I'd rather watch John Carpenter's Assault on Precinct 13 again. Or Schwarzenegger's Last Stand. Or Michael Bay's 13 Hours.

But overall, the series doesn't stink. So far.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ravenna and Cuyahoga Falls are real here in Ohio. Obviously Larkville is not. Now I'm going to have to go find the sign.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
quote:

Yeah, I was talking about the bartender. The blonde isn't really my type and honestly a little too snarky for my taste. I just thought that particular line was funny. Also liked that they made interactions between Frank & the bartender as awkward as they did. Makes him seem a little more human.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:

100%.... Jigsaw was just totally just fucked up, no face at all left. They tried to spin it a little by saying he was also a mental jigsaw, but, eh I agree he should be more chewed.

I am only 4 episodes in so far but enjoying it. Frank is a badass...

"Do you think more will come?"
"I hope so"

"Those were highly trained killers"
"Maybe not so much"

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone see Dredd?

Awesome movie... a shame it didn't do better so there will be no sequel. There are rumors of a Netflix show, the guy who played Dredd said he would be in, but its just rumor right now.

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
This article explains the decision as to why Jigsaw's face is not so messed up including comments from the actor Ben Barnes.

https://www.cinemablend.com/te...ly-scars-in-season-2

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
i have watched all the Punisher movie that have been made, from Dolph Lundgren to the tv series and i would love to see this too.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zeus007:
i have watched all the Punisher movie that have been made, from Dolph Lundgren to the tv series and i would love to see this too.

This is way, way better than any of the movies that have been made.