SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Punisher II January 18 Netflix
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Punisher II January 18 Netflix Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Certainly not as good as Season 1.
Just finished Episode 4 and what a complete bore!!!
The episode at the Sheriff’s office was fun but a bit of a silly stretch. I wish they would also do their research a bit more. They kept saying they needed to call the Staties and small town Sherriff’s don’t investigate murders. There is no State Police in Ohio just Highway Patrol so that was a bit off.

Sure hope it comes out of the crap hole that episode 4 was.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree that this season wasn’t as good as the previous few. Seems that they set it up well to just call it a day in the end. Don’t know as this will be renewed next time round.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stkfox:
Agree that this season wasn’t as good as the previous few. Seems that they set it up well to just call it a day in the end. Don’t know as this will be renewed next time round.

Seeing as Disney now owns the rights, and they are making their own streaming service... They aren't going to let netflix keep it.

They will end it there, and then do their own, as long as they can make a dollar off it, creative license be damned.

And they will screw it up and have Frank Castle singing songs or some shit. Fuck Disney.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Just finished it, some P320 action in there...

SPOILER....

I don't understand WTF was happening with Karen and her shoes when they were getting Frank out of the hospital?

Why would he let the Preacher live? No way he would, this guy mowed down kids, the Punisher wouldn't accept that.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Just finished it, some P320 action in there...

SPOILER....

I don't understand WTF was happening with Karen and her shoes when they were getting Frank out of the hospital?

Why would he let the Preacher live? No way he would, this guy mowed down kids, the Punisher wouldn't accept that.

She gave them to the creepy attendant (Ed, I think). That's as far as I made it and can't take any more. What a disappointing series.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
MORE SPOILERS

Karen traded her shoes to the creepy morgue tech for information.

I think part of it was that Pilgrim wasn't motivated by evil, he did what he did because it was what he had to do to keep his wife and kids alive. Those teenagers weren't innocents, they were part of a blackmail plot. Frank might not approve, but he'd understand. It's enough of a grey area for Frank to give him the ol "Don't let me see you again after we both get what we want." Frank was clearly going to kill him until Pilgrim asked him not to go and hurt his kids. More than a few teenagers in that warehouse Frank lit up at the end of the episode...

Plus by that point Frank was just plain tired of killing folk and needed a nap.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Throughout the episodes, I couldn’t believe the beatings these guys could take. I mean bats, weigths, brass knuckles, crowbars & hop right up & get back to fighting! I know, it’s only Hollywood, but so laughable!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Karen traded her shoes to the creepy morgue tech for information.

Ah, OK thanks. I see it now. For some reason that went right over my head.

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Throughout the episodes, I couldn’t believe the beatings these guys could take. I mean bats, weigths, brass knuckles, crowbars & hop right up & get back to fighting! I know, it’s only Hollywood, but so laughable!

Yeah, massive deep cuts and gun shot wounds, broken ribs, hands, faces, 6 guys with crowbars beating on you and you keep going. It was a bit much.

At least with Daredevil they kind of explain it by saying that he can take a massive beating, so could his dad. Might be part of his powers to be tougher than the average dude. But Frank is just a normal human, same for the Preacher. By the end none of these guys should be even standing.

Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Binged both seasons in a short time...
I found most of it really good.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Episode 4 was hard to get through. Hopefully it picks up.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The abuse Frank takes is just absurd. What kind of medical insurance does he have? I bet the deductible is pretty high. I can hear the ER nurse “Hi Frank, what is it today? gunshots, stabbing, blunt force trauma, 5 story fall? Oh well, let’s get started, you’re about to die.”

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Right wing Christians are the bad guys.

This series is now shit.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right wing, white Christian males are the only PC villains we have left now.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
Ravenna and Cuyahoga Falls are real here in Ohio. Obviously Larkville is not. Now I'm going to have to go find the sign.

I saw that but I think the sign was wrong even with Larkville on it. I don’t think Ravenna is that close to CFs. Isn’t Ravenna out past Tallmadge? I haven’t been home in almost a decade.

I’m maybe ten episodes in. There are a couple throw away episodes. I think it could’ve been tighter, just like the last season of Luke Cage. Keep it to a tight ten like Iron Fist and it would’ve been perfect.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Put me into the category of "big yawn." I gave up on Season 1 about halfway through. This thread got me to go back and binge watch up until the middle of Season 2, and I keep finding myself getting distracted and losing interest.

The story line is so convoluted and Franks's ability to have the shit beat out of him every episode and be completely healed is beyond ludicrous.

I imagine the appeal this series has is the super-graphic violence. Without a coherent story line though, violence for violence's sake just doesn't do it for me.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Just finished it. I was pretty disappointed. Season 1 was great, not sure what happened with this one. It should have been a slam dunk, but it just wasn't that interesting or exciting.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:

I saw that but I think the sign was wrong even with Larkville on it. I don’t think Ravenna is that close to CFs. Isn’t Ravenna out past Tallmadge? I haven’t been home in almost a decade. .

They're about 15 miles apart. Both are north of Akron. If Frank was on Route 59 then maybe there's a chance since it goes through both cities.

I'm finishing the last three episodes tonight when I get home.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
2nd half was much better than the first.
2nd season not as good as the first but glad we watched it.

SPOILERS***************
I would have much preferred in the end to see Pilgrim and Castle kill the Shultz’s.
Frank was fighting because his family was killed and Pilgrim was fighting to keep his family alive/safe. Would have liked to see them close it out together.

I may have missed it (my wife says I did) but did Billy know that he killed Frank’s family and that is why he did what he did and was now trying to kill him? I don’t recall anyone actually telling him in this season.
Also right before Frank kills him Billy tries to ask why? Which that makes me think he really had no idea as to what he had done.

I came to like Pilgrim in the end once realizing the Shultz’s were holding his boys as pawns as well.

Madani was really an unlikable character to me but a needed ally for Castle.

Also the very end was silly.
Frank just got done saying to Amy/Rachel in the bus terminal that sometimes you meet people that make you change.
Then he goes back to killing. Would make more sense if he would have had a little place back with the bartender and her boy and quieted down with his final comment to Amy.

But with that ending looks like they are leaving it open for Disney to continue on with the Punisher as a vigilante and not just out to revenge is family.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Billy knew because the doctor told him, but he didn’t KNOW because he doesn’t remember it. In his head it never happened, Frank is still his best friend, and he’s truly hurt that Frank is after him. Of course he’s pretty murderous even after the mental reboot, so I didn’t feel much pity.

Frank changed. He knows there are good people out there. He knows he can love. He also learned that anyone close to him becomes a target and will likely die a horrible death sooner rather than later. He’s not isolated because he has to be, he’s isolated because he chooses to be. Frank is a spear, and a spear has no branches.

I’m willing to accept Frank’s remarkable durability. He does after all exist in a universe with a kid bitten by a radioactive spider, a blind guy with echolocation, a giant green rage monster, and a God of Thunder. 1/1000th of Wolverine’s healing power doesn’t even count as a superpower in the Marvelverse.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post