SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Neflix series Unbelievable
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neflix series Unbelievable Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
Started watching this a couple of days ago and I've got to say it's pretty good. I usually don't care much for shows with mainly women protagonists but it's easy to get past that in this series since it's pretty well acted and directed and the story line moves along smoothly.

Worth a look see.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
I keep seeing it pushed.... so maybe I will give it a try.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
I watched. Interesting story with a local angle.
I would say it's worth spending the time on. Toni Colette, Kaitlyn Dever, ( the girl from Last Man Standing and Justified ) who seems to be coming into her own as an actor.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
I started this Sunday morning and was done by the end of my day.

[ The court appointed therapist, the one she went to in the rain, was in The Silence of the Lambs (caught the dog with the chicken bone and bucket). Toni Collette didn't show up until the end of E2. And Marie didn't smile once... until the dmv scene. ]

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I started this series the other day and thought it was just another feminist fairy tale and was going to quit it. I didn't and I'm glad that I kept going. Great acting with strong characters. I'm on the 5th episode and looking forward to the rest of it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
What a load of clap trap. What I got out of this was if you're a white male policeman then you're either a rapist, wife beater, or an idiot. And only women and minorities should be policemen. No doubt the first pair dropped the ball but you had a high risk victim, who changed the details of her story, and foster family members muddying the water. They were too quick to dismiss her story and she was afraid of the police and system which presented its own problems.

My wife thought this was a great show with a great message but I thought it was just another bash the police (white men) girl power fantasy. If all the white male officers were to stay home for about a week...we would be neck deep in shit because like it or not the over whelming number of police officers are white males - who do a good job.

I will gladly admit Kaitlyn Dever did a fantastic job as the victim. She really showed how a young woman who had been victimized would be afraid to talk about it with anyone - especially a man. And how she could then be victimized by the system when she really needed some help and support. She is really a fantastic actress.

And I forgot to say, I was a little surprised Nick Searcy was involved with this.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
In this particular case it did seem like the men didn't handle the evidence and victims very well. Not saying that would always happen. Kudos to the Golden detective for actually giving a shit.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Though it had a very "Lifetime" feel to it, I thought it was pretty good. Kaitlyn Dever is excellent in it.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I really liked it mainly for the various excellently acted parts. The girl power aspect I knew about going in, so I was prepared to deal. As an example, I am NOT prepared to deal with the alternative history in "For all mankind". Foke Dat.

The insinuation that there are bad cops out there is not new or untrue. The extent to which those bad apples are men is pretty disproportionate in this production IMHO. However I didn't find that sufficient grounds to stop watching it. Overall I thought it was excellent.

quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
...it had a very "Lifetime" feel to it

It did, didn't it? If only Lifetime had this level of acting and production value.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sandman76:
Kaitlyn Dever, ( the girl from Last Man Standing and Justified )

I just finished it, and thought it was a very good series.

Besides Kaitlyn Deaver, I also noticed two other actors who played in Justified, also two from the series Bosch.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post