SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Need Audiophile Help With New PC System.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Audiophile Help With New PC System. Login/Join 
Time Wounds
All Heels.
Picture of Cope
posted
I have been running a Klipsch Promedia 4.1 for 20 years, having had the amp rebuilt a few years ago. Although the mids are somewhat lacking, it has always provided clean highs, with plenty of bass from the sub. Music is my "happy place", and since my sub amp just melted, I need advice on a high end system that will blow the doors off my Promedia 4.1 rig. Other than listening to soundtracks like The Wall, I can probably live with a pair of monitors and a sub. Four monitors and a sub would be ideal. Not having kept up with the latest in sound, I am way behind the curve.

My current system has a powered sub which drives the four satellites. Should I still be thinking about a powered sub running four monitors, or should I be considering powered monitors and an independently powered sub? Ignorance is bliss, but I am not happy at the moment.

I doubt any "boxed" set of PC speakers will satisfy my expectations, so I fully anticipate forking out the funds to build a speaker system. The main thing is that I have the correct connectivity to my PC. If I need a new sound sound card or a DAC (however that works) to achieve this, so be it. I don't mind one iota about spending at least a grand on PC speakers.

Throw me some bones to consider. Since this failure occurred within the past half hour, I came to my favorite all-around forum for advice.

----------------------------
Evolve. Revolve. Dissolve.

Posts: 1878 | Location: WNC | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The Promedia's are great PC speakers - nothing wrong with those.
My Promedia 2.1's are on my TV but on my main PC I use HK's (also 2.1's) and also an Audioquest Dragonfly Red USB DAC and am plenty satisfied.
YMMV

Posts: 22891 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post