SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    If you could re-incarnated as any musician . . .
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could re-incarnated as any musician . . . Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Stevie Ray. I'd sit around all day and play my guitar just to hear myself play.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Dunno, many of these guys had fairly depressing lives. I'd choose whoever led the happiest life. Not even sure who that would be given the amount of drugs/alcohol/depression/death that seems widespread in the industry. From David Cassidy to Jim Morrison, to Kurt Cobain to Amy Wine(whats-her-name), the life seems depressing.

That said, I'll say David Lee Roth, since I always admired his "stage presence," or as some might call it "command presence of the audience." In my mind, that was his talent. Mick Jagger is equal in this regard, but I wouldn't want to be him.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
No particular artist in mind, but I'd love to be able to sing bass like the guy in Home Free or Pentatonix.

Some of the big name Gospel basses will make ya shiver when they reach way down too.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
Who is the guy that plays the pan flute?

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Mozart. He was a musician as well as a composer. IMO, the best composer, ever.

I'll concur with that.

Mozart with modern medicine would probably live a good long time and, instead of dying young as a pauper, with today's modern professional music incomes, over a long life would probably end up out-earning Sir Paul McCartney! Smile

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Les Paul.

Without him, the rest of those named would be pushing hand trucks for UPS.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Artie Shaw. He had a good taste in Women, too.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Any of these:

Jimmy Hendrix
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Dimebag

And if course Ronnie James Dio

Thanks,

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Les Paul.

Wait!...What?!?

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Justin Bieber.

Then I would punch myself in the face.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
Roy Clark

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
George Harrison

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
For me, either Bob Seger or Jackson Brown. Both great story tellers.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
maybe dhani harrison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKOoDBm4YR0

one fifth the amount of hassle that his dad had and all the perks
sah weeeeet

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
waylon g.d. jennings

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbn8705
posted Hide Post
John Mayer. Have you seen the women he's dated? Wink

Posts: 1208 | Location: Taichung 台中, Taiwan 台灣 | Registered: September 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Paul McCartney
Eric Clapton

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Les Paul.

Wait!...What?!?

Kind of hard to be a guitar hero without a guitar. I was going to say Les Paul but maybe Elvis, only I'd write a better ending .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Les Paul.

Wait!...What?!?

Kind of hard to be a guitar hero without a guitar. I was going to say Les Paul but maybe Elvis, only I'd write a better ending .

As important as Les Paul was in the development of the electric guitar, he did not invent it, in fact, Leo Fender came out with the Broadcaster two years before Gibson’s Les Paul design. Neither one, however, is credited for “inventing” the electric guitar.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Les Paul's contribution to the music industry was his method of over dubbing several tracks of voice/music using 78 rpm records while eliminating the surface noise.

This was well before four track taping machines were developed.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post