SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What was the first album you ever owned?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was the first album you ever owned? Login/Join 
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
My first was Boston's self titled debut album. To this day "More than a Feeling" still gives me a rush.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I think it was “Meet the Beatles.”

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deen:
The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy vs. The Red Baron

wow,

I have a Snoopy /Royal Guardsmen album as well

and my Dad's onyx black cabinet Zenith phonograph,,, that still sounds good once the tubes warm up

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Def Leppard. Hysteria. Bought it in 1987 and played the crap out of it.

Bought a new turntable a few weeks ago and the same record was the first one played on it.

Turntables have come a long way in the last 30 years!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meet the Beatles was my first album...still have it.

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
First: Fleetwood Mac, Tusk

Latest: ELO greatest hits, but it's been a yearish

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I don't remember but it was either Billy Joel's Glass Houses or The Who's Face Dances.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3857 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
My first was a copy to cassette of Cheap Trick "One on One".
I think the first I paid money for was Purple Rain.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably Earth, Wind, and Fire "All 'n All".

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It was either Springsteen's Born in the USA or Michael Jackson's Thriller. I wore them both out.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'm not into rock but my very first LP that I bought was Black Sabbath Master of Reality. I took it home and played it. I don't think I knew the band before I bought it nor have I listened to any of their songs on the radio. I was listening to pop music channels.

The albums I bought after that were all current jazz albums - Ronnie Laws, Hubert Laws, Tomita, etc.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Madonna, then Thriller

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
The first album I ever purchased was Sly And The Family Stone's Greatest Hits.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Time Wounds
All Heels.
Picture of Cope
posted Hide Post
Boston Boston

1. More Than a Feeling
2. Peace of Mind: 4:35
3. Foreplay/Long Time: 9:32
4. Rock and Roll Band: 17:08
5. Smokin': 20:08
6. Hitch a Ride: 24:29
7. Something About You: 29:04
8. Let Me Take You Home Tonight: 32:23

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cope,

----------------------------
Evolve. Revolve. Dissolve.

Posts: 1878 | Location: WNC | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
Black Sabbath Paranoid. Still like Ozzy to this day.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
For whatever reason I simply can't recall what the first vinyl album was. But surprisingly I know that Running Bear was my first 45 and Dire Straits' Money For Nothing album was my first CD. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida - Iron Butterfly

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Buddy Holly. And, yea, he was still alive. It was the one where the whole cover was just a pic of him. I actually think I still have it somewhere around here.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Buddy Holly. And, yea, he was still alive. It was the one where the whole cover was just a pic of him. I actually think I still have it somewhere around here.

OK, if we're going to start telling our age, mine was probably something by Bill Haley and The Comets.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
My first album I ever bought was Diver Down by Van Halen.

The most recent one was Aaron Watson's Deep In The Heart Of Texas.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post