SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What was the first album you ever owned?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was the first album you ever owned? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It was either a synthesizer album called "More Hot Butter" or a Monkees album sold on TV when their show was re-aired in the '70s.

What can I say, I don't think my parents owned an FM radio before 1975.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Well, the first one I bought with my own money was:

Bad Company - Desolation Angels

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
My first LP was King Crimson: Larks' Tongues in Aspic. That was in 1973. The last CDs I bought on 10/18/2017 was Robin Trower: Time and Emotion, KWS: Lay it on Down and Walter Trout: We're all in this together.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
had a pile of 45's when I was a kid, and a craptastic stereo combo (8 track, phono, receiver) for a bit,

also had access to my parents albums (lots of jazz, as well as the top 40 of the time , now would be considered classic rock)

I recall buying the Michael Jackson album before Thriller, cannot remember what it was called,

my first paycheck at my first job was $90,
spent most of it on albums, Zappa's Shiek Yerbouti, Numan's Pleasure Principle, and IIRC Elvis Costello, Get Happy and Devo's first,

last??

I'll have to look, but likely one for the wife that I cannot remember,

maybe a Cold Play....

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
Bought three the same day
AcDc Back in Black
Black Sabbath Live Evil
Krokus Headhunter

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
First album I think of as mine was my older sisters Pyromania LP by def leppard.

She only liked one song on it and I was maybe 10 years old playing it back to back non stop for hours.

In 86 I purchased my first cassette with my own money. On the same day I got appetite for destruction, animalize, and houses of the holy.

While zeppelin has gone on to be my favorite band, that appetite cassette got played so many times that it actually wore out and I had to buy the cd.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Not counting kids' music, it was Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours."

And in hindsight, it was a good choice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
ZZ TOP: Eliminator

Posts: 6297 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Both were the first albums put out by the bands:
Led Zeppelin
Crosby, Stills, & Nash
My girlfriend at the time had an older brother that got us into the "rock music".

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fill your hands
you son of a bitch
posted Hide Post
Deepest Purple, still got it too.

Posts: 459 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Do It Again
Dirty Work
Kings
Midnight Cruiser
Only A Fool Would Say That
Reelin' In The Years
Fire In The Hole
Brooklyn (Owes The Charmer Under Me)
Change Of The Guard
Turn That Heartbeat Over Again

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deen
posted Hide Post
The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy vs. The Red Baron

And with surety I shall attain victory
- Guru Gobind Singh.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Album, Beatles. 45rpm, Elvis.

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Had a bunch of 45s before I bought my 1st album it was Lynyrd Skynyrd (Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd).

Posts: 2678 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
I remember asking for a receiver and turntable for my 12th or 13th birthday. Got an Onkyo receiver and a Technics linear tracking turntable. With the little bit of cash I also got, I purchased Back in Black.

I wish I had kept my collection and equipment.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I mainly played 45s, but I believe this was my 1st album (1965), because no 45 was available.

All played on this

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure it was the soundtrack to "The Aristocats" from Disney.

I had some other "K-TEL" albums too.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
First was American Beauty, Grateful Dead, still have it.
Everything Must Go, Steely Dan the latest.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1087 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
"There Is Only One Roy Orbison" in 1965.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Boy, I don’t know anymore. I had a couple Barry Manilow records when I was pre teen but I don’t believe I bought those. Foreigner ‘Double Vision’ or REO Speedwagon ‘You Get what you Play For’ or Molly Hatchets ‘Flirting with Disaster’ are likely my first buys.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post