SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What was the first album you ever owned?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was the first album you ever owned? Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I saved up my lunch money for two weeks to buy CODA by Led Zeppelin.

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
The Royal Guardsmen ‎– Snoopy And His Friends The Royal Guardsmen

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
Earliest I can remember was a couple of Elvis 45s, the song blue suede shoes being my favorite at around age 6. First two cassettes were Billy Joel, Glass Houses and USA for Africa, We Are The World.

Posts: 1050 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Three Dog Night - Naturally. That was the first one I stole from my brother. I think the first one I bought for myself was the Queen album with the robot - news of the world.

Most recent bought was Led Zeppelin Complete BBC Sessions.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Beastie Boys License to Ill. I found the cassette walking home from school.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
Three Dog Night - Naturally. That was the first one I stole from my brother. I think the first one I bought for myself was the Queen album with the robot - news of the world.

Most recent bought was Led Zeppelin Complete BBC Sessions.

And - Yes, I did Columbia Record Club at least twice.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass- The Lonely Bull

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
To far back to remember, probably Beatles or Rolling Stones.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, Pictures at an Exhibition.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31377 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beastie Boys License to Ill & Whitesnake (1987) Those were my first albums (purchased at the same time).

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grand Funk RR I'm your captain

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure it was Meet the Beatles, got it about 1970 I would guess. Played it on an old RCA console stereo my parents had. I still have the album.

Posts: 671 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure it was Herman and the Hermits album.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First was KISS Destroyer

Second was Aerosmith Dream On

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meet The Beatles. When it came out.

Don't remember the most recent; it has been a while. Mostly I listen to YouTube. I can find almost anything I want there.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beach Boys - SURFING USA

Posts: 974 | Location: Confluence of Mississippi & Ohio Rivers | Registered: October 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meet the Beatles, which came out in 1965.

Posts: 985 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Jethro Tull Benefit which I bought with birthday money in 1970...it's still one of my favorite albums on my iPod.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tejas421:
Meet the Beatles, which came out in 1965.

1964. January 20.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanPatWork
posted Hide Post
Seldom Scene, "Live at the Cellar Door", and it's still one of my favorites even though I'm a child of the seventies and eighties.

Posts: 284 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post