SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What was the first album you ever owned?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was the first album you ever owned? Login/Join 
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
I can't tell you Big Grin

(Top Gun soundtrack. I was in fifth grade and wanted to be a fighter pilot. There, I said it!)

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
ELO- Out of the Blue. Just remember the flying saucer on front.

I think that was my *second* album.

Posts: 701 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Metallica- Ride the Lightning

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
The Beatles' White album.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
About 1955 there was Daveee, Davy Crocket. But later there was these guys:

https://s26.postimg.org/z57poqy4p/beach_boys.jpg

Later it became Beatles, and more Beatles. Still got all the Beatles vinyl. CDs too

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
The soundtrack for The Empire Strikes Back.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Their Satanic Majesties Request by The Rolling Stones. Dad was an assistant manager at a local store at the time, and the story goes that he received a bunch of leftover and returned merchandise that the business was going to toss out. Some LPs were part of that haul; my little brother and sister took whatever they did and more or less by default I ended up with this Stones album among some other junk. The problem with this record was that I was at least 10 years too young to truly understand anything off of this disc. I do remember that the record had a pretty bad warp to it, though, and I think that I did listen to She's a Rainbow quite a bit, mostly because that was about the only halfway kid-brain friendly song out of the lot. The album cover also did not survive the wrath of my Crayolas.

Even though I really didn't like the rest of the record at the time, in later years my brother voiced to me that the family thought that LP was the reason why I gravitated to punk and metal. I certainly don't recall it that way, but that's how he and the rest of the household thought of me and that warped piece of vinyl.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soundtrack from ‘Lawrence of Arabia’. I was 12.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
First Doors album

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blackmore,

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
First album, I'm pretty sure my father used the fact that I liked a song or two so he could buy it for himself but it was Atlanta Rhythm Section's Champagne Jam.

First time I went and bought for myself was Zep IV (ZOSO), Boston's self titled and Aerosmith's Get Your Wings and Toys in the Attic.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:

From 1964. Still have it.

I had that, too. I never saw anyone else with a copy; don't know how popular it was, but I loved it.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Beach Boys "Endless Summer".

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I spent my lawn mowing money and bought three albums.

Boston-Boston
Judas Priest- Sad Wings of Destiny
Ted Nugent- Free-for-All

Last One?
All that Remains- Madness

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post