SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    guitar expert's, whats he playing ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

guitar expert's, whats he playing ? Login/Join 
posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0RwesEyw6E

any thoughts?

and in order to get that sound /effect , would you have to have that exact amp ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like an Eastman archtop guitar.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I agree, it looks like an Eastman guitar. They are decent quality, but nothing special.

It also looks like a Fender Amp, but I can't tell which one. Fender has made dozens or hundreds of models of amps over the years. It isn't a big amp, but there are still lots of that general size.

I don't see any effect boxes in the chain, but maybe there is one behind the amp.

You wouldn't need the exact same amp to get that sound, but similar pickups in a hollow body guitar through a similar amp would be a good start. There are many variables in what a setup sounds like, though.

And remember, a lot of a player's sound comes from his fingers, no matter what gear is used.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
You wouldn't need the exact same amp to get that sound, but similar pickups in a hollow body guitar through a similar amp would be a good start. There are many variables in what a setup sounds like, though.

The pickups are OEM Lollar Imperials in standard wind. I didn't build those, but if you buy an Eastman with a Lollar P-90 in it, the earliest ones will have my signature on the back.

Bendable, the meat and potatoes to your question is: decent quality guitar, high quality pickups, tube amp, skill.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That is cool, Smudge. So, the Eastman has good pickups!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post