Find
Notify
Tools

24 Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
So the army ranger keeps an m9 a3 in his ditch bag. I would think it would have been a G19.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why a G19. As a ranger he would have had way more experience with the M-9

Posts: 633 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
He's spec ops. They usually ditch the beretta.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I REALLY want to like this 24.2, but jeez the new director of CTU is already suspected of being a mole and the former director just tazed him. C'mon!

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
What about the pipe scene?
He shot a steel cable with a 9mm and the pipe fell and rolled perfectly.

TCB all the time...

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
What about the pipe scene?
He shot a steel cable with a 9mm and the pipe fell and rolled perfectly.

Hollywood.Roll Eyes So we now know who is suspect. His brothers girl is going to snitch on his wife, what's up with the cute high school girl and the teacher, the senator's assistant might be a problem, or will it be the senator, and there is so much wrongness inside CTU, it's just funny.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Jack is not happy about his Legacy

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
All the money this series has made and the producers are still not willing to hire a consultant to teach modern pistol technique to the actors..

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
After reading this thread, I probably won't even give it a chance.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I barely gave it any thought from the first preview I saw. Not interested.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Huge 24 fan, watched it from the start, have the DVDs etc...

I have been looking forward to 24 Legacy, just so see what they do with it. Watched last nights show and thought that it was O.K., so I'll be giving it a go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's not 24 without Jack Bauer.

I watched half of it and turned it off.

It's 24 as the NuTrek movies are to the classic ST series.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Wasn't gonna even check it out, but it's not bad so far. A far cry from the old 24, but entertaining nonetheless. Hopefully it keeps on getting better.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
So tonight the hero told a homeless man he recognized as a veteran, that he was "75th Infantry." The 75th Ranger Regiment is not the 75th Infantry, which is a training division in the Army Reserve. They made a point of telling us he was a Ranger. Stupid mistake

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
* mini spoiler alert *
I want to like 24 and do for the most part but I do but I had a BIG Roll Eyes when the only solution is to rob a police station to pay some raggity old Marine (no disrespect to Marines Cool).
You can't just pretend to have the money ~ it can't be that hard to overpower the old guy (being careful of course Smile ).

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
* mini spoiler alert *
I want to like 24 and do for the most part but I do but I had a BIG Roll Eyes when the only solution is to rob a police station to pay some raggity old Marine (no disrespect to Marines Cool).
You can't just pretend to have the money ~ it can't be that hard to overpower the old guy (being careful of course Smile ).

Homeless guy with information was a ranger from the same squad and the same raid where they killed bad guy terrorist.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I also am a huge 24 fan

So far this is just "meh" for me, but I will keep watching it

FWIW, I was also like "really? She just tazed the dude?"

Then, after last night, I started rewatching season 1 and lo and behold Jack Bauer nailed George Mason with a tranquil dart in episode 2

So I guess violently subduing people in power at CTU in early episodes is just a 24 thing. Smile

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
* mini spoiler alert *

Homeless guy with information was a ranger from the same squad and the same raid where they killed bad guy terrorist.

I know Army not Marines but my point is why rob the PoPo in the first place when all you have to do is go take the USB stick from the guy.
He already had taken six or eight terrorists so how hard to just take it form the guy without hurting him of course?

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Been watching, it seems like they are pushing diversity a little too much. Only thing they are missing now is a transvestite! Kind of reminds me of the diversity training video I had to witness last week at work.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meh.

I watched the first couple episodes, then deleted it from my DVR schedule.

Now we're trying that show where the guy and his sister are on the train and she gets murdered and... Roll Eyes

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post