SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "The man who killed Hitler and then the Bigfoot"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The man who killed Hitler and then the Bigfoot" Login/Join 
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doE2ZjceDRU

I'm a fan of Sam Elliot; could be fun or could be a total stinker. In any case, enjoy

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I'll brave the theater for that one.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought that this was going to be a new History Channel show... Of course then it would need to include Aliens and be on Oak Island (love me some 'Curse of Oak Island'!)

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1745 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Same here! This looks awesome! Cool

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Can't look at Sam Elliot the same after The Ranch.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Rented it last night. Thought it was entertaining. Interesting story line. The wife enjoyed it also.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look for a copy of "Man Hunt", B&W 1941. Walter Pidgeon and George Sanders. Directed by Fritz Lang.

British big game hunter almost takes out Hitler in Bavarian mountains and gets captured by Gestapo.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MaSigchist
posted Hide Post
This was filmed locally - I haven't seen it yet but supposedly one of my guns is in it. They filmed a scene in the local gun shop and asked some customers to bring in "pre 1980" guns to hang on the wall.

-Scott

SPDTool LLC - Pocket Sized Field Armorer Tools
http://www.spdtool.com

-Certified Sig Sauer Armorer
-Certified Smith & Wesson M&P Armorer
-NRA Pistol Instructor
-NRA Shotgun Instructor
-NRA Range Safety Officer
-NRA Metallic cartridge & Shotgun Reloading Instructor
-MA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 908 | Location: Greenfield, MA USA | Registered: May 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Say

what

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Is the Bigfoot the dead Moose he’s standing next to?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't sure exactly what this was about and, usually, I enjoy Sam Elliott.

I read a bunch of the reviews and decided this one is just not for me.

Hopefully, before he hangs it up, one way or another, he'll make another great western or maybe more.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
When I saw the title I expected to see something brutally aware of its B-movie status, with Sam Elliott having a whale of a time.

The trailer I saw, on the other hand, makes it look an awful lot like the movie (and Elliott) takes itself seriously.

I might not carve out a Friday to see this in the theater but I'm sure as heck interested.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of siggers
posted Hide Post
I rented this through OnDemand last Friday night and it wasn’t that bad.

"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless"

Posts: 690 | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by siggers:
...it wasn’t that bad.
High praise

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I liked it. Good, not great.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I found it strange. Not bad strange or good strange, just...strange.

Sam acts his ass off and does a great job, but the story line is quite odd as you would imagine.

I'm really not sure what to think about it.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I was reading the reviews on Apple TV trying to figure out if I wanted to watch it or not. Sounds like it’s fairly slow?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I watched it last night on "On Demand." Glad we didn't see it in the theater. Yea, the plot was kind of weird and it rambled. I won't provide any spoilers, but if viewers are expecting to see a well developed theme which leads to some kind of "Oh! Now I get it!" ending, you will most definitely be disappointed.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
When the story changed over to the Bigfoot kill, I thought it got a little silly. I've always liked Sam Elliot as an actor but this was somewhat of a different role for him to play, kinda odd.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Orson Welles once said that by the time he got to Hollywood in 1939, everything in film had already been tried.

In Hollywood's efforts to keep people paying to see the mostly mediocre shit being turned out, gimmicks are tried from time to time. This looks like just another gimmick.
I think that two separate scipts were merged, and this thing is the result. But hey, it looks so clever, huh? Hitler? Then Bigfoot?????? Huh?? WOW!!!!!! Radical!!!!

Dont give these assholes your money for stuff like this, guys.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023