SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Another "what does this song remind you of" thread -- Phil Collins
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another "what does this song remind you of" thread -- Phil Collins Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted
jljones post of June 27th got me thinking of another song that might remind different people of different things.

What do you think of when you hear this song??

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Miami Vice

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Miami Vice and The Hangover

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Definitely Miami vice

Phillip Michael Thomas driving the cigarette boat, and Don Johnson dropping down and pointing a browning BDA at him

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Miami Vice and an incident with a Girlfriend and stuff

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
1984 Celica GTS Hatchback, which my friend owned and I frequently rode shotgun in. That song was on the radio a lot back then, and it takes me back...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
Miami Vice

Yep.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another Miami Vice flashback for me whenever I hear this song.

Posts: 374 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Miami Vice. The Ferrari hauling ass down the Keys Highway.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crockett and Tubbs going for a ride.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Yep, this...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That chrome wire wheel on the "Ferrari" spinning in the rain. First episode I ever watched and it got me hooked.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I actually didn’t like the song until Miami Vice set the mood for me.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Miami Vice and creating “play lists” on cassette tapes to play in my car.

I remember having a ‘boom box’ with 2 cassette players so I could tape off one one. I’d buy the most expensive memorex cassette I could afford and put together the ‘coolest’ songs my 16 years old self could blast out of my Alpine stereo - mounted in my 70’ Eldorado!

That tape was played so many times that to this day there are songs I hear where I am expecting a specific song to be played next.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
The train scene in Risky Business.......I was and still am in love with Rebecca De Mornay. When that movie came out I thought she was the hottest woman to ever walk the earth.

I would post the video clip but even I think it is a tad bit risque for even the Sigforum. Just cut and paste this into the Youtube search box:

WARNING DEFINITELY NOT NOT SAFE FOR WORK, WIVES, GIRLFRIENDS (May your wife and your girlfriends never meet), SMALL CHILDREN, DOGS AND CATS!!!!!!

Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight (Risky Business)

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Miami Vice

Yep, every time I hear it. Miami Vice = one of my favorite 3 series of all time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Strangely enough I'm actually taking my wife to see Phil Collins in concert in Miami in October. My wife was buying the tickets and meant to buy them in DC but clicked on the wrong place. In retrospect I can't think of a more appropriate venue to attend a Phil Collins concert.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Miami Vice. The Ferrari hauling ass down the Keys Highway.

this

the essence of my teenage 80s entertainment era

----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Tubbs and Crockett - Miami Vice

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Playing AWESOME air drums!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post