SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Another "what does this song remind you of" thread -- Phil Collins
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another "what does this song remind you of" thread -- Phil Collins Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Cranking up the car stereo and singing along. I guess it was cassettes at that time period. Might have been some THC involved. I'm a Collins fan and always stop down to listen.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nobody said Ray Lewis and his squirrel dance? Big Grin

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
The train scene in Risky Business.......I was and still am in love with Rebecca De Mornay. When that movie came out I thought she was the hottest woman to ever walk the earth.

I would post the video clip but even I think it is a tad bit risque for even the Sigforum. Just cut and paste this into the Youtube search box:

WARNING DEFINITELY NOT NOT SAFE FOR WORK, WIVES, GIRLFRIENDS (May your wife and your girlfriends never meet), SMALL CHILDREN, DOGS AND CATS!!!!!!

Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight (Risky Business)

I came here to post this video, but maybe I shouldn't. But this is what I think of, in addition to Tubbs and Crocket.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
The train scene in Risky Business

+1

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Miami Vice, for sure. And my friend Jimmy's Pinto with the loud ass stereo system that I'm almost positive is responsible for my ears ringing to this day.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
The train scene in Risky Business

+1

+2

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Miami Vice and an incident with a Girlfriend and stuff

Um, what? Eek

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Miami Vice is not the first thing I think of when I hear this song. I always think about the urban legend (untrue) about the inspiration for the song.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Screw Miami Vice. I'm with jscody! Ah Rebecca. Big Grin Zowie!

quote:
The train scene in Risky Business.......I was and still am in love with Rebecca De Mornay. When that movie came out I thought she was the hottest woman to ever walk the earth.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
This song and in fact the whole album reminds me of Southampton, England and Schiedam, The Netherlands. I was working on Mobil's oil and gas research vessel at the time and had recoded the LP onto cassette for my 56 day work hitch. We were due to go into shipyard over there and originally scheduled for Southampton. We spend some time there and it was fun to see a little of that city. A shipyard in Schiphol ended up getting the contract and we went in there. I listened to that cassette a lot during that time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 6guns,

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always thought this song seemed out of place in Risky Business. He can't wait to have sex with a woman he apparently saw do something terrible and he wouldn't save if she were drowning, but he's still looking forward to having sex with her? I don't get it.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post