SIGforum
Another "what does this song remind you of" thread -- Phil Collins

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/6320043544

August 05, 2018, 05:52 PM
NavyGuy
Another "what does this song remind you of" thread -- Phil Collins
Cranking up the car stereo and singing along. I guess it was cassettes at that time period. Might have been some THC involved. I'm a Collins fan and always stop down to listen.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence
August 06, 2018, 09:57 AM
corsair
Nobody said Ray Lewis and his squirrel dance? Big Grin
August 06, 2018, 02:49 PM
MikeGLI
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
The train scene in Risky Business.......I was and still am in love with Rebecca De Mornay. When that movie came out I thought she was the hottest woman to ever walk the earth.

I would post the video clip but even I think it is a tad bit risque for even the Sigforum. Just cut and paste this into the Youtube search box:

WARNING DEFINITELY NOT NOT SAFE FOR WORK, WIVES, GIRLFRIENDS (May your wife and your girlfriends never meet), SMALL CHILDREN, DOGS AND CATS!!!!!!

Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight (Risky Business)

I came here to post this video, but maybe I shouldn't. But this is what I think of, in addition to Tubbs and Crocket.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.
August 06, 2018, 03:49 PM
joel9507
quote:
The train scene in Risky Business

+1
August 06, 2018, 04:09 PM
Todd Huffman
Miami Vice, for sure. And my friend Jimmy's Pinto with the loud ass stereo system that I'm almost positive is responsible for my ears ringing to this day.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.
August 06, 2018, 07:48 PM
G-Man
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
quote:
The train scene in Risky Business

+1

+2
August 06, 2018, 11:03 PM
radioman
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Miami Vice and an incident with a Girlfriend and stuff

Um, what? Eek

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!
August 06, 2018, 11:26 PM
DMF
Miami Vice is not the first thing I think of when I hear this song. I always think about the urban legend (untrue) about the inspiration for the song.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman
August 07, 2018, 03:17 PM
bald1
Screw Miami Vice. I'm with jscody! Ah Rebecca. Big Grin Zowie!

quote:
The train scene in Risky Business.......I was and still am in love with Rebecca De Mornay. When that movie came out I thought she was the hottest woman to ever walk the earth.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
August 09, 2018, 08:45 AM
6guns
This song and in fact the whole album reminds me of Southampton, England and Schiedam, The Netherlands. I was working on Mobil's oil and gas research vessel at the time and had recoded the LP onto cassette for my 56 day work hitch. We were due to go into shipyard over there and originally scheduled for Southampton. We spend some time there and it was fun to see a little of that city. A shipyard in Schiphol ended up getting the contract and we went in there. I listened to that cassette a lot during that time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 6guns,

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
August 09, 2018, 05:06 PM
RichN
I always thought this song seemed out of place in Risky Business. He can't wait to have sex with a woman he apparently saw do something terrible and he wouldn't save if she were drowning, but he's still looking forward to having sex with her? I don't get it.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)