SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    There are only 4 perfect movies
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There are only 4 perfect movies Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
According to Pulitzer Prize winning Playwright and Screenwriter David Mamet

The Godfather
A Place in the Sun
Dodsworth
Galaxy Quest

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
1. Eh. Not my preferred genre
2. ??? I think I've heard of this one.
3. No idea - too lazy to google it.
4. By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged. OMG I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!

One out of 4 ain't bad?

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Smile Mindreader

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Citizen Kane
Shawshank Redemption
Fossest Gump

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Forrest Gump Broke the Mold, incredibly done.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Dodsworth is great. Walter Huston, Mary Astor.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
On behalf of the late leo d., i will add:

Spice World. Big Grin

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I agree with The Godfather and Galaxy Quest.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Galaxy Quest is wonderful.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The Godfather, while not my thing, is an incredible movie.
I dunno
I dunno
HEll yeah! Grapthar and his hammer are pleased.

They forgot the Blues Brothers though. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I'd probably have to put Tombstone in there...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will say this about Galaxy Quest :

Sigourney Weaver looked AWESOME in that at 50 years of age

Eek

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
I will say this about Galaxy Quest :

Sigourney Weaver looked AWESOME in that at 50 years of age

Eek

-----------------------------------

Never saw the movie, I remember seeing trailers and thinking this same exact thing.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9690 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
In the recent Galaxy Quest documentary she jokes about having fun playing a blonde bimbo in it.

Enjoyable documentary for fans of the film.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
1. Eh. Not my preferred genre
2. ??? I think I've heard of this one.
3. No idea - too lazy to google it.
4. By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged. OMG I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly my responses.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'd put Fargo and Pulp Fiction on the list, but that's just me. Classics like Dr. Zhivago and Lawrence of Arabia should be as well.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
No Casablanca?

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chinatown.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8766 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
The Godfather - Never watched it, don't like Mafia movies/shows at all.

A Place in the Sun - Never heard of it

Dodsworth - Never heard of it

Galaxy Quest - I've seen it a couple of times, its a decent movie but "perfect" - I don't think so.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know his criteria and rationale. I wonder what he means by "perfect?"

Of course, it is all subjective.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post