SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Longmire Binging
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Longmire Binging Login/Join 
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
I’d prefer his place in New Mexico or Mid Utah the winter in Wyoming is brutal

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I tried to like it, watched most of a season, but couldn’t get into it. Too many cop things that made me cringe. I can suspend belief but only to a point.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I tried to like it, watched most of a season, but couldn’t get into it. Too many cop things that made me cringe. I can suspend belief but only to a point.

In general, I don't watch cop shows for that reason, and that Im kinda sick of watching it "live and in person" for 8 1/2 hours a day...

I liked it mostly for the background (and the blonde). And eventually, that's the area I'm looking at retiring in...

It was kinda getting to the point of there were more murders there than here. Roll Eyes

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
I'm looking for a new 30/30 cuz of this show. Only season 2, but me and the mrs love it

They kick like a mule!

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I really liked the show, but the last season was not very good, I feel like they hurried it way to much and it showed IMO.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are almost through season 2. Good to great show, well-acted...but, like all crime shows that must me solved in 42-44 minutes, they always have to introduce the culprit or a key clue or two at some point and I'm starting to get really good at spotting them.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
SFers, you gotta READ 'em, not watch 'em. The stories are sooo much fuller, and the characters soo much more interesting.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just found this on Netflix. A real gem, I have been watching like 4 a night! I just started Season 4

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I've finished them all.
I've tried not to binge when I watched them especially in Season 5 just to make it last longer.
It's hard not to just keep on keppin' on but I try to limit binge watching to no more than three but try for two. Frown

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
SFers, you gotta READ 'em, not watch 'em. The stories are sooo much fuller, and the characters soo much more interesting.

The next book is due out Set 4, 2018, a week away!
The books are a lot different, the story line is intense.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:

How do the books age Walt? What I have read he starts out as a Vietnam vet, so, by now he would be at least pushing 70? I remember reading the John McDonald's "Travis McGee" series, he started out a Koran war vet, but as the books progressed he subtly shifted him into Vietnam to keep him younger.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Glad to see this thread come back. I have lever action 357 and 44 so no need for a 30/30. Also have a 1911. However, a horse would be nice, have not had one of those in 50 years.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

We are just starting this. That was the biggest negative, otherwise, it seemed like it could be good. Still going to give it a try but it's definitely not NCIS when it comes to processing things - not that it was perfect.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wife and I have been binging this show. In the middle of season 4. Enjoyed it so far.

I did catch an oopsie, though. While watching the episode with the veteran drug thieves, I just happened to get up and walk by the TV to get something. The scene where the woman is pointing her gun at Walt. I immediately spotted the lack of hole in the gun barrel. Not a big deal. Just found it amusing.

Posts: 734 | Location: Tucson | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I am somewhat laid up with a pinched nerve. I have been watching Longmire again from the start. In season 4 in one scene, he is carrying his 1911 cocked and locked.

I still like Lizzie and am sorry she is gone.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Took me a few weeks, but I finished Longmire.

I'm not really into "cop" shows, because I see it live and in person. However, I enjoyed this one mostly because of the location. I fell in love with Wyoming years ago, and hopefully when I retire from this shithole, Wyoming is where I'd like to settle.

I don't know, go be a forest ranger or something...

The only thing that turned me off about the show was that now I'm thinking that there's more murders in Absoroka Co. than in Chicago...

The good news is that at 63 episodes vs 264, fictional Absoroka county is still safer than Cabot Cove...Big Grin

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post