SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Nightcrawler, a masterful dark and gritty indictment of the news media
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nightcrawler, a masterful dark and gritty indictment of the news media Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I think Nightcrawler might be Jake Gyllenhaal’s best film. I saw it a few years ago with a friend and watched it again last night with my wife. To my surprise she loved it. Gyllenhaal did a fantastic job portraying a highly motivated psychotic creep. Great cast, fascinating story all building up to a hell of a climax. Damn good film!

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/u1uP_8VJkDQ

**spoiler alert**
I honestly wonder if a scenario has played out in real life where someone sat on info about a crime with the intention of following fugitives and then calling the cops when they are in a public place to set up a chaotic event with maximum carnage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i enjoyed it too

-----------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty good. And check out Prisoners. Another good JG role.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Yep, one of his best. A dark movie too if that's what you're into.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah there's a lot of 'Joker' in that character

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
This kid can act, and I agree, fantastic movie!

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Steady hands! Use your zoom!

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Major Dundee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
yeah there's a lot of 'Joker' in that character

------------------------------------

I thought the same thing watching him. Wonder why he wasn't cast in the latest Joker.

Posts: 133 | Location: El Pasostan | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I've been a Jake Gyllenhaal fan since I first saw him in October Sky. It's still my favorite movie JG movie. I haven't gotten around to seeing this one though. I'll have to check it out.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very dark, and somewhat disturbing movie. Very well acted.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Gyllenhaal’s facial expressions and the odd random informative little bits of wisdom he spouts off throughout the film really builds an interesting and twisted character.

I loved when he was taking to his partner about a study of championship winning teams and how good communication played an important role in their success in some study he read about. I think it was after his partner told him how crazy he was acting or how weird he is. Great back and forth between those two characters.

I couldn’t believe how much of the film I had forgotten in the few years since I had seen it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post