SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Ted Bell—Alex Hawke Series
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ted Bell—Alex Hawke Series Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
A week or two ago, I was listening to Rush and he made some book recommendations; among them was the latest from Bell in his Alex Hawke series books. I was at the bookstore and saw his latest in hardcover, but had never read the author before and thought it would be worthwhile to read an earlier book.

I bought the book, “Tsar,” and so far, I’m really unimpressed. Any of you familiar with Ted Bell? Should I stick it out? I’m about a third of the way through the book and it feels like a school assignment rather than summer escapist reading.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
I read the first one in the series and was thoroughly unimpressed. I think I've been spoiled by Brad Thor, Lee Child, and Vince Flynn.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
I read Pirate and was underwhelmed. I didn’t bother with any more of them.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Sounds like we all have the same take on this guy.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post