SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Disney just dropped this teaser:

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Holy moly!!!!! Didn’t see that coming!

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like JJ is trying to fix that steaming pile of episode 8 banthaa poodoo

Does "Rise of Skywalker" hint at Rey being a Skywalker?

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:
Holy moly!!!!! Didn’t see that coming!

I know!!!

This looks pretty awesome.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
Looks like JJ is trying to fix that steaming pile of episode 8 banthaa poodoo

Does "Rise of Skywalker" hint at Rey being a Skywalker?

Yes.

I'll see it a year from now on 4k Blu Ray. Fuck you Disney!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder if they’re going to pull another twin story out of this and somehow Han and Leia never mentioned another child?

Also looks like she rebuilt the lightsaber. Wonder why Disney didn’t try making a new one for even more merchandising

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The TIE Silencer isn't shooting at her as it's closing.

I wonder if that sequence is part of a Kylo/Rey training/stunt montage, as in: to understand the force, you need to understand both light and dark sides (or something like that).

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Wait, I thought there were going to be like eleventy billion more Disney Wars flicks.

Not so?

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Wait, I thought there were going to be like eleventy billion more Disney Wars flicks.

Not so?

It's like a rock band's *farewell tour*... only the last until the next one.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
It has always been my 'theory' that Disney bought the rights to Thrawn, and Mara Jade, Timothy Zahn's greatest characters.

IF so then Rey could easily be Luke and Mara Jade's daughter, and according to the book's doesnt she kill Han and Leia's kid for killing Mara Jade?

Anyway, I think Rey is a Skywalker. But I am an idiot so there is that too.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Fuck you disney. I'll bootleg this or wait until it comes on network tv before I give you $.01.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Palpatine is back????

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
It has always been my 'theory' that Disney bought the rights to Thrawn, and Mara Jade, Timothy Zahn's greatest characters.

IF so then Rey could easily be Luke and Mara Jade's daughter, and according to the book's doesnt she kill Han and Leia's kid for killing Mara Jade?

Anyway, I think Rey is a Skywalker. But I am an idiot so there is that too.

In the books Han and Leia have twins, Jason and Jaina. Jason goes evil and kills Mara so Jaina tracks him down and kills him. Their other son, Anakin, is killed by the Vong.

Luke and Mara have a son, Ben.

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
If they make Rey a Skywalker now that would be stupid. So she probably is.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not so?

OH, I am sure we will. This is the 9th main saga installment, marking the final chapter of Lucas' original vision for 3 trilogies.

And yes, this does look good. Like a real SW movie.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not so?

They slowed them down. There will be a couple of shows on the new Disney streaming service. There is supposed to be an Obi Wan movie, a Yoda movie, and there was a Fett movie but that one is cancelled I think.

Rian Piece of Shit Johnson is getting a trilogy, which I wont see, fuck him, and then the writers of Game of Thrones series are also getting a trilogy.

Also the Clone Wars animated series is coming back

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Also the Clone Wars animated series is coming back

What? Why?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Palpatine is back????

Ok, so that was his laugh at the end?

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
Ok, so that was his laugh at the end?

Yep.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I thought Luke went old school and traded in the force thing for a horse and a sword these days?? Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: just1tym,

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post