SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Login/Join 
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Fuck you disney. I'll bootleg this or wait until it comes on network tv before I give you $.01.

This. I don’t reward betrayal.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Notice that Rey is carrying both a lightsaber and a blaster in the first scene. I take that as a subtle hint that she's part Skywalker and part Solo.

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Also the Clone Wars animated series is coming back

What? Why?

Because it was cut short during the Disney purchase. They are going to tie up storylines, mainly about the Bad Batch clones. I’m down for CWs, those are so good.

The only way I’ll see this movie in the theaters is if my daughter wants to see it but judging by her reaction to the last one, I don’t think she will. She leaned over mid movie and asked “this isn’t very good, is it?”

That was from a nine year old girl at the time, arguably the exact person these movies were made for. If she noped out... Big Grin

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
commerce atm near me

There’s a theory that Skywalker is a reference to a title used for a group of people in a book about Clone War era Thrawn.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing that got me, and I'm probably reading too much into it, but I didn't like the Rey slo-mo flip.

It seemed to me like "I'm going to pose and look cool and then flip over a tie fighter....and people will say that's awesome"

Luke was doing flips while fighting Vader, but it was the fight that made it cool. It's the substance not the style that made the Trilogy.

But I haven't seen it, so I'll wait to pass judgment. I just hope they don't rely on style right out of Dave Chappell's play book to make this move good.

Posts: 193 | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
Does "Rise of Skywalker" hint at Rey being a Skywalker?

Maybe, since the Jedi are supposedly gone, and we saw the "Last Jedi," Rey (or the old rebellion) starts a new "order" and calls them "Skywalkers" or something to that effect.

Who knows, it was disappointing that her lineage was portrayed as nothing in the last film.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
It could also hint at Palpatine being responsible for creating Anakin, aka Anakin's "father". Therefor a Skywalker in a roundabout way.

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
It could also hint at Palpatine being responsible for creating Anakin, aka Anakin's "father". Therefor a Skywalker in a roundabout way.

This is a strong possibility, he and Plagueis could have done it. The book says the force made Anakin in response to Plagueis messing with creating dark side zombies, but those have been erased now by Disney. They could adapt the story

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
They could borrow a bit from Star Wars Rebels, maybe a World Between Worlds where Palpatine fights Luke, backed by Yoda in the Force Plane of existence. This occurs while Rey (who should be Obi Wan's granddaughter...that is the ONLY way she makes sense) fights Ren in the physical plane.

The fighting forms in Star Wars always remain me of four significant styles:

1. Classical Japanese Kenjutsu
2. Classical Chinese sword forms with wire fu
3. Classical Historical European Martial Arts sword and fencing.
4. Filipino Martial Arts

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
If palpantine is in it, it is just desperate fan service. Considering “the past must die” rhetoric Lucasfilm has been obsessed with.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Palpatine is back????

Ok, so that was his laugh at the end?

Yes, it was his laugh at the end of the teaser.

That was the best/worst part....

Either they have just been trolling us and they will stop fucking around and actually make good movies from ehre on out... Or they are trolling us in the trailer and will jsut keep making unadulterated crap...

Who knows.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thank the Force....

Star Wars Movies Will Take a Break After Episode IX, Disney Says

Walt Disney Co. Chief Executive Officer Bob Iger said he’s not at all concerned that consumers may be overexposed to the Star Wars brand, but the film franchise will go on “hiatus” after December’s big release.

“We have not announced any specific plans for movies thereafter,” Iger said in a Bloomberg Television interview Thursday. “There are movies in development, but we have not announced them.”

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is just my opinion. Feel free to ignore it if you don't like it.

One, Daisy Ridley looks incredibly hot as Rey.

Two, Billy Dee Williams reprising his role as Lando Calrissian is the only reason I will watch this movie. It's a shame they didn't bring him back earlier.

I could see Lando living to an old age because of his cunning. Han was just lucky. His luck would have run out long ago.

Posts: 6608 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:...
The fighting forms in Star Wars always remain me of four significant styles:

1. Classical Japanese Kenjutsu
2. Classical Chinese sword forms with wire fu
3. Classical Historical European Martial Arts sword and fencing.
4. Filipino Martial Arts

So. Kill Bill 3?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won't reward Disney. I will see this movie after its theatrical release. I suspect it will suck in many ways. Leia being one of them. This "she's still in the room" with us nonsense is pandering at its finest. Not really sure who it is directed at though. I grew up with Leia being the woman I wanted as a girlfriend forever. I saw more than enough of her in the last one to last a lifetime. Please, please, please, no more CGI dead actors.

I will pass and easily pass on this movie. I hope it doesn't suck. I hope the "hiatus" Disney takes gives enough time to redo some of their serious screw ups.

Posts: 7350 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I just rewatched the trailer hoping I was wrong. Is R2 not in this one?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I just rewatched the trailer hoping I was wrong. Is R2 not in this one?

Is he not the voice, laughing?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, you’re right it was R2 laughing. He could always speak. It was one of many powers he gained from being a force sensitive droid.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Where are you guys getting it was R2D2 laughing at the end? I'm seeing it confirmed that it's dead/not so dead Palpatine.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post