SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Disney is going to destroy the Star Wars legacy with their obsession to squeeze every last penny out of the franchise.

I think people are tired of so many new movies to be honest.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
So bad.

The scene with the horses? Cringiest of cringe.

Yup, more of the same crap from the last one.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Disney is going to destroy the Star Wars legacy with their obsession to squeeze every last penny out of the franchise.

I think people are tired of so many new movies to be honest.

people are tired of the movies being terrible. if they were good, people would be excited. but they're not.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember all those times that I was so excited that a new star wars movie was being released. But now, I could care less. The trailer might as well be a washing machine commercial. Awesome job Disney.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I remember all those times that I was so excited that a new star wars movie was being released. But now, I could care less. The trailer might as well be a washing machine commercial. Awesome job Disney.

I was in my 20's when the last trilogy came out. I saw Phantom Menace twice on opening night, and saw Attack of the Clones on opening night too. I was honestly amped about each one of those, and while the first two did not live up to the expectation set by the original trilogy, I still had hope that Revenge if the Sith wouldn't suck, but it did.

I was hopeful this reboot would get a few good actors that had actual character flaws that people could relate to, and get behind, but they all seem hollow.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. In the four recent movies that have been put out, only Rogue One has decent writing, acting, and effects that make you bond with the characters. If I were Kathleen Kennedy, I would be so ashamed after initial screening, I would have binned the both of them (Force Awakens/Last Jedi), then would have had to take refuge to reconsider my life after Solo. I swear to God, a Chewbacca origin story that is all subtitles would have been better than Solo.

We will not see this in theaters, but may buy from Goodwill in a few years.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:

I was in my 20's when the last trilogy came out. I saw Phantom Menace twice on opening night, and saw Attack of the Clones on opening night too. I was honestly amped about each one of those, and while the first two did not live up to the expectation set by the original trilogy, I still had hope that Revenge if the Sith wouldn't suck, but it did.

I was hopeful this reboot would get a few good actors that had actual character flaws that people could relate to, and get behind, but they all seem hollow.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. In the four recent movies that have been put out, only Rogue One has decent writing, acting, and effects that make you bond with the characters. If I were Kathleen Kennedy, I would be so ashamed after initial screening, I would have binned the both of them (Force Awakens/Last Jedi), then would have had to take refuge to reconsider my life after Solo. I swear to God, a Chewbacca origin story that is all subtitles would have been better than Solo.

We will not see this in theaters, but may buy from Goodwill in a few years.

I read something about Ron Howard and the Solo origin story film. The new series on Disney + it became known that the directors of each episode had leeway to make it their own, some sort of artistic freedom in their directed episode. I read that Howard's hair blew back on that given his experience. Just told me he was completely controlled on Solo and all he did was the job type deal they told him to do.

Kathleen should have been let go. There was talk of it then it became known she stayed on. That was a severe mistake as was hiring JJ in the first place. Kathleen is 100% and between the teeth hell bent on making this SJW Star Wars. The new series coming out has some gay space alien couple in it. It's just out of hand. And after seeing the last few Marvel films, which I thought were absolutely terrible, I'm boycotting Disney and anything they do, and that includes their ownership of ESPN. I know what they own and I want nothing to do with any of their consumer products. Will never visit their theme parks, and think they are a shit company and the #1 company for sheep who line up for all their bullshit. I just watched that last Spiderman film on 4k blu ray and it was one of the worst movies I've seen in this decade. It was awful. After viewing I looked it up and it made over a billion dollars net. That means Disney has the sheep fully engaged and have no problem dumbing down their product to the lowest common denominator, totally controlled by the Twatterstrom/Twattersphere, so I can do the only thing I can, vote with my wallet. Fuck Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Disney + and anything else they have anything to do with. I've had enough. Scorcese has a new film coming out as does the Safdie brothers. I will stick with solid cinema instead of superhos in tights and SJW Star Wars.
Hopefully everyone in this new Star Wars film dies. The writing, directing, and acting already did.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:I swear to God, a Chewbacca origin story that is all subtitles would have been better than Solo.

Big Grin So good, that was so good.

quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I read something about Ron Howard and the Solo origin story film. The new series on Disney + it became known that the directors of each episode had leeway to make it their own, some sort of artistic freedom in their directed episode. I read that Howard's hair blew back on that given his experience. Just told me he was completely controlled on Solo and all he did was the job type deal they told him to do.

Howard wants to do movies and he should but, like Scorcesse, that generation of film maker either needs to go back to indy production where there's no overbearing C-suite executives who lord over & pick apart projects or, get-in solid with one of the streaming services, which has allowed well-written stories to flourish.
quote:
After viewing I looked it up and it made over a billion dollars net. That means Disney has the sheep fully engaged and have no problem dumbing down their product to the lowest common denominator, totally controlled by the Twatterstrom/Twattersphere, so I can do the only thing I can, vote with my wallet.

All these super hero flicks are set-up for international distribution...which means China. Make it easy for foreign audiences to understand (nothing nuanced), over-the-top action (bigger is better), and don't mention anything about Taiwan, Hong Kong, Tibet or, make any Chinese person look bad and you can rake in the cash. At some point, the tent-pole business model for movie studios is going to collapse, just not sure when.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Actually, I think that was the plinth on which Kylo kept Vader's mask.

There are breakdowns of the trailer on YouTube. Vader mask plinth confirmed.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I am a 45 year old, fairly well educated, somewhat well read person......and I had NO IDEA what the hell a plinth was. Big Grin

The more you know. Cue stars.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
No one will ever replace, damage or devalue the effect that my dad taking me to my first movie had on me.

I did not know what a star war was but it was fun being out with my dad. He bought us popcorn, milkduds and a soda we shared.

Then the opening sequence started. the titles, the stars, pan down to the planet the first ship, then the bigger ship, it gets bigger, OMG it is still filling the screen!!
My first two movies were Star Wars and then Raiders of the Lost Ark. No movie has ever had the magic that the original had for me.

And Disney's abomination can suck and milk all the $$ and SJW approval points as well as trash the series, but it will not effect my memory one bit.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
As Han would say,

I've got a bad feeling about this...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
As Han would say,

Never tell me the odds!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
As Han would say,

Never tell me the odds!

Help us, JJ, you're our only hope!

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/_MuxVqB3I7E

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Wow, that actor is really good. Looks and sounds almost exactly like Lucas!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have hope still, especially for the TV shows.

Got my opening night tickets for ep 9, havent missed an opening night since the original. I am worried, but hopeful they can pull it off.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have hope still, especially for the TV shows.

Got my opening night tickets for ep 9, havent missed an opening night since the original. I am worried, but hopeful they can pull it off.

Is it a new hope or the same old one as before?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
News broke this morning that DB Weiss and David Benioff (the show runners for Game of Thrones) who had signed on to do a new Star Wars trilogy starting in 2022, have decided that the current Cannon was not a good fit, and left the Disney project.

I imagine their conversation went something like this:. David, I am having severe doubts about this Star Wars trilogy.

Yea, DB, I hear you. It seems like everything Disney touches turns to shit. Our last discussion with George (Lucas) was a real eye opener, especially when he told us what a dumpster fire Kathleen Kennedy is to work with, and the selection of directors seems to be an eenie meenie miney mo of flaming pig shit.

Maybe we should just bow out now out instead of writing a phenomenal script, so Disney doesn't take it, apply a SJW/ feminist appeal to it and turn our careers into a Rian Johnson-esk funeral pyre.

Call to Disney:
Hey Kathleen, we just wanted to let you know we don't want you and Disney to vomit on our careers the way you did with George, so we are dropping out of the Trilogy. You may want to call Rian - we understand he has a bunch of time on his hands.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
News broke this morning that DB Weiss and David Benioff (the show runners for Game of Thrones) who had signed on to do a new Star Wars trilogy starting in 2022, have decided that the current Cannon was not a good fit, and left the Disney project.

Great, isn't this why they rushed the last season of GoT, to start working on the Star Wars project? Now they aren't even doing that. Disney fucks us again.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
So, does C3PO FINALLY die in this one? One of the scenes in the latest trailer I saw implies this (they ask 'are you alright' and he says "I'm trying to remember my friends" or something like that).

I really hope so. I despise his character. He is almost as bad as Jar Jar Binks, and has ruined EVERY scene for me that he's been in since Return/Jedi.

I like R2, but he's not nearly as annoying. I mean, does Disney think that we will automatically love anything those two droids are in since they were part of the original trilogy? I was tired of C3PO by the end of Jedi, I hated him in the prequels, I have loathed him in the last 3 movies (Eps 7/8 and Rogue One). His appearance in Rogue 1 is especially galling, since it seems to counter what was established in A New Hope (where he said they were owned by the ship captain). If they were owned by the ship captain, why were they on the rebel base? And how did they get on the ambassadorial ship (Tantive IV?) when they still appear at the rebel base after all the other ships had already set out to support the rogue elements?

I am all for nostalgia, but these two characters have pushed the boundaries out WAY too far. What's wrong with letting the 'old coots' step aside and letting the new young bunch take over and continue the story?

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post