SIGforum
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/6190065554

August 26, 2019, 11:44 PM
Prefontaine
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Wow the trailer looks horrible. I hope all the fans boycott the damn thing and it tanks. Disney needs an enema.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
August 27, 2019, 01:35 AM
kkina
At least they resisted lightsaber nunchaku. But don't tell me they weren't tempted.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
August 27, 2019, 01:39 AM
corsair
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Now Dave Filoni, producer for The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels is a true fan compared to the SJW shitheads like Kathleen The Red Queen Kennedy and Ruin Johnson.

I just wished he was in charge of the three latest episodes of Star Wars movies. Frown

In a perfect world, Filoni's career would've taken-off in parallel to Marvel's Kevin Feiges as they're close in age. Both career's have mainly been with one organization however, Feige has more experience in live-action movies, and is clearly better at negotiating and navigating the politics, egos and expectations of movie making, which has allowed him to translate his fandom into his own fiefdom. Filoni, is likely viewed by executives as a talented enthusiast who is able to handle niche projects, is a valuable asset but, has a limited ceiling. Perhaps somebody like John Knoll can rise up, broaden out his experience beyond VFX and gain some support amongst executives to succeed Kennedy at Lucas.
August 27, 2019, 10:59 AM
limblessbiff
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Waiting for Darth Jar Jar

That would be funny but sad thing is I can see Disney doing it
September 10, 2019, 03:15 AM
Paten
More last minute reshoots this close to the release date? Doesn't look good for this movie.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnnS9WB9buY
September 10, 2019, 03:34 AM
KevinCW
"If this stuff is true"

Lame, sounds like nonsense.

And trust me... I'm probably the absolute most hostile fan that wants to see Disney burn...

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."
September 10, 2019, 06:49 AM
Paten
Given how bad Disney has done making Star Wars movies, I tend to believe everything that makes them look stupid, until proven otherwise. So far, they've almost always turned out to be legitimately stupid.
September 10, 2019, 07:50 AM
benny6
Surprisingly, I thought they did a fantastic job with Rogue One. It's actually one of my top three, along with Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. The rest have been.... disappointing.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com
September 10, 2019, 08:21 AM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Surprisingly, I thought they did a fantastic job with Rogue One.
To me Rogue One fits in with the Original Star Wars, Empire, Return of the Jedi. It was awesome, especially because they could take full effect of modern production compared to the Originals.

Pretty much everything else has ranged from 'meh' to absolute shit.
Ep 1-3 were absolute shit.
Ep 7 started strong with potential, then injected a bunch of shit into it, ending at 'meh'.
Ep 8 was a joke.
The only upside to Ep 9 is it means the end.
September 10, 2019, 06:14 PM
cslinger
Rogue One might be my favorite of them all. I put it right up there with Empire maybe a notch below.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
September 10, 2019, 09:24 PM
Veeper
Rogue One was great except for 2 things:

1. What's his butt Ghost Dog not escaping with everyone else.

2. The Leiah shoe-horn. It was unnecessary and will age like dog shit.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken
September 11, 2019, 10:04 AM
PASig
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:

2. The Leiah shoe-horn. It was unnecessary and will age like dog shit.

I thought that scene was great but wish they'd just done it from the rear like they started to and not the creepy CGI when they showed her face.

The last 2 minutes of Rogue One are one of my favorite scenes of ANY movie. Have you seen the YouTube videos where they splice the last minute of Rogue One into the first minute of A New Hope? It's really cool!

September 11, 2019, 12:45 PM
Veeper
Yeah I think the blockade runner alone would have been enough, IMO. Especially the way it launched and the minutes leading up to the launch. That being said, there's some dialogue in A New Hope that seems to throw the fact that Leiah is in the rebellion in doubt.

The fact that they dropped her in the scene, and then had vader fight to the ship removes that nebulousness, IMO.

It's never necessarily a good thing to fill in all the gaps in explicit knowledge with details and origins. I liked the dovetail, but I may have made a few changes to allow the viewer to fill things in a bit.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken
September 12, 2019, 03:00 AM
scot818
Rogue One is my favorite of the new movies but it really is Star Wars does The Dirty Dozen. But it's well done.
September 15, 2019, 02:06 AM
Prefontaine
Just waiting for each character to have their own spinoff series then every 4 films they bring them all together to fight the big bad empire, oh I’m sorry the New Order, oh sorry that was a great band, I mean the First Order. So sick of Disney and their bullshit. Disney if you are reading this, fuck your streaming service, won’t be purchasing. Thanks.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
October 22, 2019, 01:04 AM
kkina

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
October 22, 2019, 06:34 AM
AirmanJeff
So bad.

The scene with the horses? Cringiest of cringe.
October 22, 2019, 07:56 AM
Dwill104
Scene near the end showed Rey and Kylo Ren working together to shatter some black statue? Guess it’s going to be like ROTJ where the bad guy gets redemption in the end by working together with the good guy to defeat probably Palpatine (again).
October 22, 2019, 08:18 AM
Orguss
Actually, I think that was the plinth on which Kylo kept Vader's mask.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
October 22, 2019, 08:25 AM
trapper189
The black statue looks like Vader.

At the end of the trailer while Rey is being shown:

Luke - "The force will be with you"
Leia - "always."

Plus, with the last scene of the trailer focused on Rey and Rey being shown as a Sith, this movie will be the Star Wars Highlander remake. In the end, there can be only one. Rey is the end of the Sith and Jedi, and neither good nor bad, but the balance of the two.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trapper189,