SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    PUBG, anyone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PUBG, anyone? Login/Join 
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted
Any one playing Playerunknown's Battlegrounds?

Looking at picking it up, because it seems cool, but not if it's a shitshow.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Ok, it's not a shitshow. Think PvP DayZ, except no base building and you play matches, not a persistent world.

You run around, gather kit items, and shoot other players. It's actually pretty damned fun. Can play as a squad, so it might be nice to get a few folks on Discord or Team Speak.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
I bought it and now wish I could return it. You are constantly just looting and running to get in a circle. After about 10hrs into it, it gets repetitive and boring.

I much rather Rainbow Six Siege or Destiny 2.

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I've got more than a few games in at this point. Found some random player on Steam to pair up with and had some great times.

The DayZ comparison holds up. Run around, gather mad lootz, shoot m-f'ers in teh face. The difference is, it's match-based and the action is more constant.

I know the normal DayZ crowd on here could wreck some peoples' shit.

Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
I've been playing for months.

Can't count the laughs this game brings. Solid game to pick up if somebody is looking.

Posts: 1976 | Location: Moody, AL | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
What's your Steam handle, maybe we can team up?

I'm TreeKillah

Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
Muff or Muffwhistle, I don't recall. I have a group of regulars I play with. Some are fucking potato - others are decent.

I'll give you an add or search.

Posts: 1976 | Location: Moody, AL | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/0dG6HliC9OI

Posts: 32487 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I play. I'm traveling for work right now, but will be back home Friday night. Maybe over the weekend I can group up with some of you and get some squad play in.

Posts: 11157 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
I'll be in this weekend.

Been busy with that whole job thing this week and haven't played any Frown

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I've been playing it for a few weeks. Same handle on steam, I mostly play with a group already though.

Definitely considering adding a skillet to my gun safe, than pan has saved my ass (literally) a few times.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Just had my best round. 5 kills and position 21. (Solo)

It still needs a little work, but it's fun. Hard to get used to when I've been playing mostly old school hl2 based dod:s GG mod for so many years.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2267 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post