New
Find
Notify
Tools

12 Strong Login/Join 
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I took my mom to lunch and this movie today. We enjoyed it. I would say if you like these types of movies you should see it.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
I took my mom to lunch and this movie today. We enjoyed it. I would say if you like these types of movies you should see it.

I plan to see it. For me it'll be entertainment, not necessarily accurate history.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Saw it yesterday and enjoyed it. I have not read the book nor studied the actual events.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I liked den of thieves more

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I saw it tonight, and I enjoyed it. It won't win any rewards, but it's a feel good movie. The battle scenes were utterly ridiculous, it if you can look past that, and watch the movie for what it is, then you might like it.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
But since it's a Bruckheimer film, there are at least helicopters hovering in slow motion, right?

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've read the book, and it definitely made the rounds while my Company was at Fort Irwin for NTC.

I have also studied the battle. I will probably watch it when it hits red box.

I was torn if I was going to see it or not. I haven't been to a movie theater in years and was debating whether to see this movie or Hostiles.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
This movie seems to of fallen a bit short. I still may go today, don’t go to many anyway.

I guess I’ve liked the ‘feel good’ movies over the years, ‘Green Barets’, ‘Rambo’ ‘Zero Dark 30’, & so on. A little cheese with my movie is O.K., I allow ‘artistic license’.

See if I can get an agreement with the family on this.

O.K. Watched it at home, copy a bit marginal, good enough though. Glad to of seen it at home.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sourdough44,

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
saw it , meh. The best thing was the covertness and the BUF bombings immediately after 9/11 that I/we never knew about as well of a statue erected in their honor at the WTC.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Finally watched it On Demand tonight. Thoroughly disappointed. I had read the book it was based on years ago and had high hopes for this movie. It falls very short.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I also just finally watched it

Some of it was good...particularly showing the closeness of the teams, and what they are faced with

A lot of it..

A lot a lot

Was Hollywood. Lots and lots of Hollywood

I don’t know that you can adequately tell that story in 2 hours

Still, because of it a few more people know a little bit more about the sacrifice made by the men that go forth into these situations

I am glad I waited until I could get it as a rental

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Moved the book up in my reading list when I read here that 12 storn and the horse soldiers where related.
It's a good read, not extraordinary writing but the feats of arms and circumstances were.

The movie cast looks really fashionable and lightweight

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post

I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, No, it's just a harmless little Hollywood movie.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post