SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Dune, Eye of the World & Foundation Trilogy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dune, Eye of the World & Foundation Trilogy Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
are all for sale as leather bound books at Barnes and Noble. They also have a lot of other classics of all genres from HG Wells to Shakespeare, Victor Hugo, and Sun Tzu, etc. The recent thread about Heinlein’s Starship Troopers for sale as a Kindle eBook for $1.99 reminded me about B&N’s classic series leather bound books.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Nice, thanks.

I have a leather bound collection of all of Asimov's stories sitting here on the shelf. It's been a while since I last read any of it, but I have read them all at least once each.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Nice, thanks.

I have a leather bound collection of all of Asimov's stories sitting here on the shelf. It's been a while since I last read any of it, but I have read them all at least once each.

foundation would make a great movie(s) or mini series if done right,

as would Nivens' ringworld

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I started Foundation and thought it a very promising premise. However, a little past halfway through, I found it so boring and intellectually lazy that I stopped reading it.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see a longer form (miniseries) redo of the I, Robot shorts, less CGI and action, more on the science and ethics. I don't mind the Will Smith film, but it can be done better.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post