SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Rambo Last Blood
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Rambo Last Blood Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted
Hope it's not garbage

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Me too, but I'm not holding my breath. First Blood was released in 1982 and the Stallion is now 72YO. What's he gonna beat them with his cane?

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
"Last blood" must mean he dies.

Meh.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll watch it. Huge fan of First Blood and I really liked #4. The other 2 were Frown .

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ego, and nothing more

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Loved First Blood. None since. I’ll not be seeing this one either.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Should have been - Rambo: Anemic

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Loved First Blood. None since. I’ll not be seeing this one either.

Same, loved the original but not any since. But I’ll definitely watch this at home on 4K disc when released. I’m only go g to the theater twice in 2019 and those films are for the directors. I like Sly and support him but not good enough for me to deal with the phones in the theater.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
"Last blood?"

Stallone is so old, when his doctor said he needed blood, urine and stool samples, Sly just handed over his underwear.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Hope it's not garbage

It became garbage when they filmed the second one. That may have been my biggest sequel letdown ever.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Movies are supposed to be fun for the most part.

Me, I'd love another Rambo. They have always been guilty pleasure movies.

Don't care if he's old, hell, all the action stars from my childhood are old now and most (not all) of the current ones are pc pussies.

I mean hell, he was old in 4 but you have to admit the 50 cal up close scene and the machete cutting the bad dude in half scenes in 4 were very cool.

I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads up.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
I'll watch it. Huge fan of First Blood and I really liked #4. The other 2 were Frown .

I agree with Strambo, I liked #4, and the story behind it is amazing. Especially the guy that played the evil general.

I really dont expect this to be nothing more than a bunch of stupid.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I'll watch it and take it for what it is another Rambo. I'm sure I will be entertained but won't expect much more than that. I did like Rambo 4. The British SAS guy was good. "Now they're sending the devil in to do God's work"
His Rocky sequels were much better than the Rambo ones I thought. If I'm in the mood for brain candy I can watch anyone of the Rambo's or Rocky's if they happen to be on.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to it! I have enjoyed them all, especially the fourth.

Sometimes you just wanna watch a good ole action flick - and for that he delivers in spades, well not spades more like weapons of mass destruction Big Grin

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The fourth was awesome.

I always wondered what would happen if you opened up on someone point blank with a mounted .50 Cal turret heavy machine gun. And now I know.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And the next sequel will be called "No, really, this is Last Last Blood definitely for sure. Promise. Buy a ticket to my movie. I gotta pay alimony."

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Hope it's not garbage

It's garbage.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Eh, I'll still watch it. I watched Creed II the other night and was entertained by the same Rocky recycled story line for the sixth time I think

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I'll record it so I can skip thru the commercials , maybe, when it hits the late night cable circuit

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll wait for Rambo VI, More Last Blood. “They didn’t give me a senior discount, now there’s hell to pay”.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Report This Post