SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Little Things, Denzel Washington and Jared Leto, HBO MAX
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Little Things, Denzel Washington and Jared Leto, HBO MAX Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
Well fellow pandemic (fuck this shit) victims. This movie is now available for streaming on HBO Max. Denzel and Jared Leto are two of my favorite actors acting today. Very much looking forward to this, will watch this weekend. Should be in Atmos and Dolby Vision but I need to check. Jared Leto has been on quite the run the last 10 years playing some extremely difficult roles. he's a weird dude but man can he act the shit out of a role. Apparently he is playing a psycho so with Denzel this should be the best film to come out in many months. Just a reminder.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
This does look good:

https://youtu.be/fauCzvN-Gbs

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Confirmed: 4k, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos. Will screw putting this off until the rest of the weekend. This bitch is getting watched tonight. Fuck it’s been quite a while since I’ve seen a good film. Nothing is coming out!

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Just started it. Rami Malek is just really weird. Just not a huge fan for some reason.

Update: Not bad but nothing special. Leto underutilized.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YellowJacket,

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
Disappointed in this. I was really looking forward to a great Denzel movie but this falls short on many levels for me.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by njauto:
Disappointed in this. I was really looking forward to a great Denzel movie but this falls short on many levels for me.

I agree 100%. Let us down.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I liked him in Mr Robot, but when I first saw "The Pacific" I didnt care for him either...

quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Just started it. Rami Malek is just really weird. Just not a huge fan for some reason.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Malek channeled Freddy Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Watched it last night. Not bad, not great. I got the slightly disjointed feeling that many things were left on the cutting room floor. There were certain things that seem to have been referenced, like a few things came full circle, that were never introduced. I agree that Leto was underutilized.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

Watched last night. Agreed.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
Watched it last night. Not bad, not great. I got the slightly disjointed feeling that many things were left on the cutting room floor. There were certain things that seem to have been referenced, like a few things came full circle, that were never introduced. I agree that Leto was underutilized.

"Oh, poop."

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Waited with great anticipation as I'm a big admirer of both Washington and Malek. What started out very interesting turned into a contrived and absolutely unbelievable train-wreck. I expect some degree of dramatic "license" vs a true to life procedural movie on cops and homicide work, but this was mindbogglingly asinine!!! I thought to myself that the producers sure hired some great talent, but for whatever reason they but them all in a bus and drove this project right off a cliff.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but when Denzel is burning "evidence" in the 50 gallon drum in his backyard at the end of the movie, I was soooo hoping the script was in the fire! If they had a technical adviser(s), they probably got their names removed from the credits. Roll Eyes

For you older guys: I'm sure others recall the mess that was the WWII spy movie "Where Eagles Dare" that wasted (IMHO) the talents of Richard Burton and an up and coming Clint Eastwood. Well, do you remember the "Mexican Standoff" where the Germans and the Allied "team" are all pointing guns at each other saying this guy or that was a spy, not a spy, double/triple agent or what not and at one point Clint Eastwood's character says HE doesn't know what the fuck is going on? Well, "The Little Things" is just like that. The "good thing" about my "experience" watching this monstrosity, is the fact that I saw it on HBO Max and didn't have to pay anything beyond my monthly subscription.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Watched it tonight. I was pulled in pretty deep for a solid hour. After that...I was baffled, disappointed, maybe angry.

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Malek was a very poor casting decision. Just a bad fit for the part.
Leto was Leto. Even with limited screen time, the guy is a genius.
Denzel was Denzel. Steady Eddie.

The script was bad and Hancock wrote and directed it both. The story just wasn’t good enough and the directing was very subpar. I see now why Spielberg and Eastwood both passed on it.
What a let down. This is the biggest drought for me since birth regarding film. All the money and time is being spent on fucking episodic bullshit.

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I too was disappointed. I like to save a movie or series for when I go to bed as it helps relax me and eventually get to sleep. This one had me nodding off after 20 minutes. What a waste of some pretty good actors. Aside.. Denzel was looking pretty old. Maybe he just is, or maybe they made him up that way, but he's got a lot of extra weight.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
He’s 66 years old now.

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
He’s 66 years old now.

Well okay. I guess for 66 he's still pretty good. I suppose I was just remembering how he looked in older movies like The Hurricane where he was pretty darn good. Sigh, we all age. One of the things in life you can't change much. He's got some talent for sure. And I suppose being a professional, he did what the directors said.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
He’s 66 years old now.

Well okay. I guess for 66 he's still pretty good. I suppose I was just remembering how he looked in older movies like The Hurricane where he was pretty darn good. Sigh, we all age. One of the things in life you can't change much. He's got some talent for sure. And I suppose being a professional, he did what the directors said.

I could see that same old Denzel in that role. Directing and the story itself killed it.

I mean he’s been one of the best actors around for 30 years now, three decades. He got my attention in Glory. I think I was 15 or 16 when that came out. There were 2 theaters in the entire metro showing it and we had to drive to the outer edges of the metro to see it and the theater was not packed at all. So sad that great actors are dying due to their own demons like Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Heath Ledger, then the great ones are getting up there in age. They aren’t being replaced like in decades past. Leto, Christian Bale, are few left that remain totally committed to their craft and whatever role. Shit man even Daniel Day Lewis has split. I’m just not seeing the talent in the younger generations. And films like this are going away in favor of some bullshit series. Can you even keep up with series across these 20 different platforms? Films, quality films, are being millenialized to death. SuperHo men in tights type films are the standard now. Transformers, horrible Disney Star Wars films, I mean shit it sucks. I’m sure there are scripts after scripts they can’t make now because the Twattersphere will cry like bitches because a word was used or they don’t agree with the casting. There was an uproar in the letter community about WW. They cried that it should been a black gay woman instead. Reading this I couldn’t believe they don’t understand Gal is Jewish.

we need someone with balls, like Mike Judge, to make a movie about all this bullshit, making fun of it. He’s the only one who could do it.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
A box full of meh, this one. Unfortunately.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I am really bummed, I will watch and expect to enjoy Denzel Washington in pretty much anything.

After this movie I’m going to have to go back and watch the equalizer just to cleanse my palate.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12325 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post