SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Wonder Woman (2017)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wonder Woman (2017) Login/Join 
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Meh, she's no Xena! Li-li-li-li-li-li-li!!!!

Big Grin

Or Lynda Carter! And where is the invisible plane????

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Superman was flying around the city and was super horny.

He spotted Wonder Woman lying on top of a building naked, with her legs spread. He figured he could fly down there, screw her super fast, and be outta there before she even knew what happened. So Superman flew down, quickly had sex, and flew back out again.

"What was that?" Wonder Woman said.

"I don't know," said the Invisible Man. "But my ass sure hurts!"

The version of this joke I heard long ago was: "I bet she was surprised! Not as surprised as the invisible man!"

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
That young Kirk guy gets around!

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good lord Gal is hot!

Posts: 14652 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Ummmmmm...I'm gonna be in the bathroom for a bit. Be right back... Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Recently saw her in Keeping Up With The Joneses. She is quite handsome.

I'll pass on the Wonder Woman flick though. I'm tired of Hollywood putting out nothing but remakes, sequels, and superhero movies. I'm patiently waiting for some original ideas.

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Strangely
Persuasive Monster
Picture of Swain0351
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Good lord Gal is hot!

Oh hell yes. She makes my fizzy bits go off like aluminum foil in a microwave

"Arguing with a fool is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like it's victorious." ~Anonymous

Posts: 10359 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Good lord Gal is hot!

I've been paying attention for about 8 years now.
That first F&F film she was in...oh my. "You don't send a man to do a woman's job."

https://youtu.be/J_i4XvgEVDg

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

I'll pass on the Wonder Woman flick though. I'm tired of Hollywood putting out nothing but remakes, sequels, and superhero movies. I'm patiently waiting for some original ideas.

If you are waiting for Marvel Studios to stop putting out superhero movies, you might be waiting for quite some time. It's like waiting for Apple to stop putting out Macbooks and iPhones. It's sort of their core business.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
It is what people are paying to see. Either kids animated films, superhero movies, and/or sequels/franchise (Star Wars, James Bond, ect). IIRC, for 2016 the 14 or 15th top grossing film was the first on the list that wasn't one of the list above, and Rouge One wasn't finished yet.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^^ I think people now look to the theater mostly when they want a visual experience, or to attend an "event." On the one hand it seems like writing/storytelling is dead, but we do now have an overwhelming numbers of TV shows, many of them serious, well crafted dramas. Many people won't even consider going to the theater unless there's going to be lots of action/great visuals, or maybe something they can take the kids to in order to get out of the house.

Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ This.

I generally only go to the theater for something I think is going to be really visually impressive. If it's 'just a movie', I wait for Netflix and watch it at home.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The trailers always look good, and I hope it lives up to the promise of being good fun and big entertainment.

But she ain't no Lynda Carter.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
...she ain't no Lynda Carter.

Lynda's more busty, but Gal has whipped her body into fantastic shape for this role. They both have beautiful faces. I'll take Gal, and you can have Lynda.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
^^^^ I think people now look to the theater mostly when they want a visual experience, or to attend an "event." On the one hand it seems like writing/storytelling is dead, but we do now have an overwhelming numbers of TV shows, many of them serious, well crafted dramas. Many people won't even consider going to the theater unless there's going to be lots of action/great visuals, or maybe something they can take the kids to in order to get out of the house.

That's the direction of large studio movie making. Big 'tent-pole' movies are the pillar upon which the major studios will go all-in with. Massive number of screens maximizing the greatest revenue stream in a short-period of time. Because CGI/FX costs have spiraled out-of-control, the major studios are forced to get as fast a return as possible, pouring in huge amounts of cash into marketing & promotion, pushing their actors in front of every camera possible to promote the film and even securing licensing rights for merchandise. The public has been condition by this and thus, they're expectations are....stunted. Comedy is simply toilet humor or, slapstick. Drama revolves around some personal assault, usually sexual or, relationship abuse of some kind. Action is ...well, lots and lots of explosions, stylized gun-play and over-the-top, continual action.

Posts: 14652 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Official release day is this Friday. Lots of very positive reviews so far over at rottentomatoes.

Final Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWCQ22JyCL4

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I truly want this to be a good movie while also wanting DC Studios to die horrifically. They've produced their movies with no sense of intelligence, unlike Marvel.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
Watched Superman and also Batman vs Superman in theaters, but watched Suicide Squad on Blu-ray. Will probably wait on Wonder Woman unless it gets Marvel-like positive reviews.

DC needs to step it up if I'm going to the theaters to watch another one of their movies.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1049 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
...she ain't no Lynda Carter.

Lynda's more busty, but Gal has whipped her body into fantastic shape for this role. They both have beautiful faces. I'll take Gal, and you can have Lynda.

They are from two entiry different eras, so it's haed to compare them fairly.

Like trying to compare 'Man of Steel' with Christopher Reeve's Superman portrayals. . .

I was in love with Linda Carter's WW, but I was 9 when I became smitten. Today, those old episodes are painful to watch.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21844 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post