SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Wonder Woman (2017)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wonder Woman (2017) Login/Join 
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paragon:
Saw it yesterday. Knew it had to be good when I saw the crowded theater, even though The Mummy was also playing.

Two nitpicks:

Real warriors don't wear those wedge things on their feet.

And was Steve there to see the "shield" launch trick done on the island? How would he know?

but yes, very enjoyable.

He was. Recall that WW's aunt whatsername called out for a shield and then jumped over the rock, shooting 3 krauts at the same time? Yeah, he was there looking up her skirt.

Only gripe I had was that in the pre-movie buildup (in the Malco we were in), they went through the general history of WW's evolution, who came up with the character, etc. They made sure to mention, in a theatre packed with young girls, that producers of previous versions of WW thought she might be made to look to have "lesbian tendencies" if she was too tough/muscular. They just HAD to go throw that out there, which I thought to be in poor taste.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
I couldn't remember if the shield thing was in battle or in the training part.

What did you think of Robin Wright's performance? I thought it was good casting.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Just got back from seeing it. We thought it was really well done and liked it a lot.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paragon:
I couldn't remember if the shield thing was in battle or in the training part.

What did you think of Robin Wright's performance? I thought it was good casting.

She has been excellent for decades.....

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw the the Mummy the other day which I kind of enjoyed (the wife, not so much), but saw this today and we thought it was a much better movie.

Posts: 423 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Wife and I saw it today and absolutely loved it. Better then just about any of the marvel movies and we love and own most of them. Gal is just mesmerizing on screen so that helped but damn just sucked me in big time what a great movie. My new favorite origin story that's for sure.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
Gal is just mesmerizing on screen so that helped but damn just sucked me in big time what a great movie. My new favorite origin story that's for sure.

I finally saw it Sunday. Great movie. I'm glad it didn't come out sooner, as superhero films have seemingly run their course and have nothing else to say. Not that they ever had much to say, but at least we got a nice variation this time.

Gal is completely captivating. The fact that she plays a fearless, strong, bows to no one, honorable woman in a time when women weren't considered capable of big ideas, serious leadership, etc., really resonated and made her all the more appealing and sexy as hell. I can't help but think that her military training helped her own the role more than other women might have.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
My wife and I both really enjoyed it.

Gal
is
a
captivating
creature.

Rusbro said it. Sexy as hell.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I just saw it, pretty good, I thought and WW is very cool.;

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
Watched it yesterday and thought it was amazing.

I concur with every positive thing said about Gal Gadot...

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1045 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Saw it again tonight. It's just as good the second time. Big Grin

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
She can wear whatever she wants Wink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
This finally made it to AppleTV.

Caught it last night and I was impressed. I'm not a fan of comic booky type movies, but this was well done IMO.

Of course Gal stole the show. My God what a stunning woman. I could find only one thing wrong with her.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
"Finally?" It's been out on iTunes for at least two weeks.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I could find only one thing wrong with her.

And what would that be?

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
quote:

And what would that be?

She's married to some other dude, of course. It's too bad too, because I'm absolutely certain that I could disappoint her like nobody's business.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
quote:

And what would that be?

She is not an identical twin.

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I rarely buy movies anymore, but I'll probably buy this one. I think I'll wait until it's available on amazon video as 4K, so I can see my shoulda-been soulmate in the ultimate clarity.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I don't watch super hero movies, I watched this. It was cool.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post