SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Peter Gunn theme.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Peter Gunn theme. Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Embarrassing story, I only first came across that theme in 1983 when Bally/Midway released the arcade game 'Spy Hunter', a vertical scroller that featured, what I thought then, was a real bad@$$ tune....

Well, later that year I stayed up late and caught 'The Blue Brothers' on HBO and heard it again and thought "Wow! They used the Spy Hunter Theme!" After buying the soundtrack (on cassette!) I realized it was actually an old but classic tune.

Now it rates up there with the best TV themes of all time, no question. Up there with Nelson Riddle's 'Route 66' theme.

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
Embarrassing story, I first came across that theme in 1983, when Bally/Midway released the arcade game 'Spy Hunter', a vertical scroller that featured, what I thought then, was a real bad@$$ tune....

I spent way too much time and money playing "Spy Hunter" when I was a kid.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:

I like that version, too. The video was...interesting...

Isn't that the Commie dude from The Young Ones???

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post