SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Hitler: Repackaged - again
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hitler: Repackaged - again Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
It's too bad those Nazis were in power for only 12 years. The poor cable channels have to reword that same history over and over. They have to play the same news reels over and over.

Life gives you lemons, you make lemonade, right? Smile

UND ZEN, VE TAKE OVER ZE VORLD!!

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
For quite a long time now I have termed the history channel the Hitler channel. In the future will it become the hitlery channel in honor of our two time presidential candidate loser Hillary?

I would like to see more on the Nazi super weapons.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its always Nazi Week!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post

I don't see the big attraction with Hitler. Everything that can be said about him has already been said dozens of times. The documentaries I see nowadays are all about some 'super weapon' that 'could have helped Hitler win the war.'

Well, we know everything about every viable German super-weapon (the Me-262 jet fighter, V-1 buzz bombs, and V-2 short-range ballistic missiles). I said 'viable,' as there were many fantasy weapons that did nothing but waste resources, such as the Maus 'super-tank' (a giant tank about 5x as large as any other big tank, or the 'Land Cruisers' - super giant tanks with 11" naval guns. Neither of these was capable of being developed into a workable weapon. There were others, such as the rocket-powered gyro copters and rocket interceptors, which were all either failed concepts, or if they flew, killed more of their own pilots than allied aircrews - (the Bachem Natter and Me-163 rocket planes were lousy weapons and killed a lot of their pilots).

The Me-262, V-1, and V-2 were good weapons, but none of them were 'game changers.' They gave us a lot of trouble, and diverted resources away from the front lines (shooting down buzz bombs, trying to find and destroy V-2 launch sites), and the Me-262 was a formidable interceptor, but none of them were capable of 'winning the war' on its own. Even if the Germans had nukes, nothing would have stopped the Red Army from swarming over Germany like an avenging army of locusts.

This 'Hitler mania' is simply a symptom, IMO, of lack of imagination at the "History" Channel Corporate level.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder what Hitler would have thought of Twitter ?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's BS, we all know Hitler escaped to Argentina and other parts of South America......They show it on the Hunting Hitler show on the History channel! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
That's BS, we all know Hitler escaped to Argentina and other parts of South America......They show it on the Hunting Hitler show on the History channel! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I heard he was spotted close to the coast of Argentina trying to follow a pod of blowfish addicts earlier this year...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
We call "America's Heroes Channel", "America's Hitler Channel". Right now, they're taking the night off of Hitler, but at 9am, they're going right back to him, as "WWII in Color" is on with the "The Gathering Storm" episode. They do have some non-Hitler shows, but if there was no Hitler, these channels would die a slow death. Stalin just doesn't have the pull, ratings wise, as "big Dolf" does.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
And I thought it was just ME! I can't figure out why every week there is some different Hitler/Nazi program, new or old on TV. I don't think we should ever forget this part of history but man there sure seems to be other things in history worth reporting on.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
History Channel should change it's name to the Hitler Channel.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Could be worse. They could be showing Meaghan Kelly reruns. Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, hitler was an amature at murder compared to Pol Pot and Mao. But, according to THC he is the king.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post