SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Tennessee Flat Top box - A Choice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tennessee Flat Top box - A Choice Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
Ok, so I have been eschewing new "country" for the real stuff the past few weeks. This song has landed on my "dam that's a good song" list. And I find that there are two versions.

What is your favorite? I started out liking the Rosanne Cash version but then I settled on the Johnny Cash version. It's just a classic. I love her vocals but there is something about the Johnny version. (Honestly for my years on Sigforum I have no idea how to do a poll)

What's your choice?

The original:

The challenger:

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rosanne's cover is pretty faithful to the original single her father released, as to tempo and the picking as I have it on CD. Johnny's video is a wee bit different being performed live. A little back story on the tune; Rosanne wasn't aware it was one of her father's songs when she recorded it; Papa was proud of her covering it too.

Coin-toss Smile.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
Rosanne Cash

Posts: 2221 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roseanne cash.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2736 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post