SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    American Assassin novel question re: Zachary Austin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Assassin novel question re: Zachary Austin Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
What ever happened to the kidnapped American businessman from Texas in Flynn's first Mitch Rapp novel?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
No one?

I read the book (fast) and then this issue occurred to me so I searched online for an answer without luck. Even found a pdf file of the book. Searched that file for businessman, Austin, hostage, etc. again with no luck in finding an answer. The "schnoz" disposition obviously got covered but if the kidnapped businessman was I missed it. Frown Hence my query here.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Wish I had an answer for you but I don’t remember

FWIW American assassin isn’t the first Mitch rap novel

It is the first in terms of the timeline of the story

But many Mitch Rapp books were written before that started later in his career

American assassin was almost a flashback in the continuity

I bring this up mainly because (although I don’t remember if this actually happened) it’s possible (???) the character was mentioned in other books in the continuity?

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
kevbo,
I appreciate your taking the time to post a response here.
I didn't know that what I'd read wasn't the first Rapp novel written although it does get center on his recruitment, training, and first missions.
As for the kidnapped Texas businessman, I guess I'll just have to forget about the issue.

USN (RET), COTEP #192