SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New Sicario 2 trailer out
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sicario 2 trailer out Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted

Looks good and answers the question about if he was an attorney or not. LOL Not really seeing how he can go from capping the wife and kids of one dude to suddenly caring about the daughter of another. And of course, Brolin is now the bad guy (maybe).

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Hooray, mature adult storytelling. No glib wisecracking Disney PG-13 superheroes destroying a CGI city with zero casualties or super-slick Jason Statham backflipping through the air in slo-mo wearing a tux firing two guns at once. I've sure missed you, non Millennial-geek moviemaking.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This looks awesome. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Posts: 200 | Registered: January 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Eh.. Cliche hit man movie.

He's the best, a bad mofo.. Etc but then they ask him to kill a kid and he refuses, now he's the enemy.. Blah blah. Been done a hundred times. He takes out a whole family with no remorse in the first one, why care now?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I'll see it. The first one was pretty good and this one looks like it might deliver as well.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5038 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
for some reason I thought this movie was supposed to be a prequel about him. oh well... I'll still see it despite the obvious contradiction of his values.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

He's the best, a bad mofo.. Etc but then they ask him to kill a kid and he refuses, now he's the enemy.. Blah blah. Been done a hundred times. He takes out a whole family with no remorse in the first one, why care now?

I'm a little let down with this twist, I agree it's cliche. I'd rather they just traipse around Mexico and smash the cockroaches.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
So did I actuslly...the trailer moved this from in the theater viewing to waiting until it shows up on Netflix

quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
for some reason I thought this movie was supposed to be a prequel about him. oh well... I'll still see it despite the obvious contradiction of his values.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe the "witness" reminds him of his daughter, who knows? I'll still go see it on day 1. It's still a Taylor Sheridan script. As you can tell by all the places luck don't live.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Last time, he wasted two boys. Remember what Don Ciccio saids, "The boy will grow strong, and want revenge". You can't take that chance.

This time, it's a girl. He had a daughter who got thrown into a vat of acid.

No worries about the girl doing anything when she grows up. Right?

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe the "witness" reminds him of his daughter, who knows

Like he was reminded of his daughter in the first one, and still ... Encouraged her to sign off on their operation. At gunpoint.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
So did I actuslly...the trailer moved this from in the theater viewing to waiting until it shows up on Netflix

quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

Same here, I will wait for Netflix.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a let down. They could have done so much more with this from what the first film gave them....

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

That was my take after seeing this trailer. Interesting that the original writer for the first movie (Taylor Sheridan) also wrote for this one too however, Denis Villinuvue is no longer the director but, Stefeno Sollimo

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
And now we find out the badass mofo with skills was a lawyer? Not believable now...

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
And now we find out the badass mofo with skills was a lawyer? Not believable now...

They alluded to his role for the cartels in the first movie.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Perhaps we'll be treated to a flashback and a training montage! Big Grin

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I'll see it either way. It certainly beats all of the bubble gum CGI movies that I have to choose from, even if it is cliche.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just wait until you get the bill for his services Eek

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why not? You don't think it's possible an accountant with autism who also does dirty financial work for the mob also, received sniper training during his time in the army? Wink

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post