SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Recommendation for streaming murder mystery series: Brokenwood
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendation for streaming murder mystery series: Brokenwood Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
Amazon Prime has "channels"; for an additional five bucks a month you get access to tons of BBC and BBC-style murder mysteries and other (mostly) British shows.
My sister-in-law recommended one we've started seeing. It's called "Brokenwood", set in New Zealand which is new. Good writing and acting, not too dark, pretty humorous. Just don't get too worked up about the fact there is no such thing as a "Grusener .55".

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Big thumbs up for Brokenwood. Our library has Seasons 1, 2, & 3 on DVD ... Binge watching.

Right now, amid single disc movies, I'm finishing up Season 3 of The Eagle. Ørnen: En krimi-odyssé. A Danish series. Good stuff. In Denmark, a special unit fights cross-border crime throughout Scandinavia.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
New Zealand women are the most attractive on the planet!

Love Season 1's theme song in particular, but love all the music! Anybody know the song title?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...Brokenwood_Mysteries

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
"Brokenwood" sounds like a retirement community. Probably right next to the starter home community of "Morningwood".

Oy.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
And Bentwood is where Bill Clinton lives?

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Combination of Brokeback and Deadwood?

Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It can be gloomy, but 'Shetland' on Netflix is very good.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
It can be gloomy, but 'Shetland' on Netflix is very good.

And slow. Verrrrrrrry slow.

Brokenwood is FUN! Episode we watched last night revolved around a local theater company doing Hamlet.