SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Monster Hunters International
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monster Hunters International Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
Who else has read all of these?
When the hell is someone going to make this a movie? It would probably suck compared to the books but would still like to see it happen

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
I've listened to all of the MHI audio books. I really enjoy them. The narrator for the MHI books is Oliver Wyman and he's fantastic. I would love to see a movie, but agree that it could never live up to the books.

Larry Correia has also done a series of stories about Tom Stranger an Interdimensional Insurance Agent. Those stories are only available as audio books and are narrated by Adam Baldwin (aka Animal Mother and Jayne Cobb). They are very funny.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Me. I love them all, I also really enjoyed the MHI series authored by John Ringo, same universe different characters.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite authors, you should check out his other series, and his Facebook page (he does some classic beatdowns on SJWs).

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I didnt think I would like them based on the description but tried them anyway based on repeated reccomendations on this forum. I'm now 6 or 7 books in. Theyre fun.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Larry Correia is good stuff.
I liked his Grimnoir Chronicles better than the MHI stuff though

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I keep meaning to read them. My dad has all the books and what made me want to read at least the John Ringo books was his main character was the son of an intersectional feminazi college instructor. After the main character gets injured in Beirut in the 80's and recuperating, feminazi mom charges into Bethesda berating him and calling him a baby killer.

He looks at her and says, "But Mom, I got promoted. I'm Baby Killer First Class."

I'll read them eventually, but I'll be starting with the Ringo Prequel books.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post