SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone playing Cyberpunk 2077?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone playing Cyberpunk 2077? Login/Join 
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
It was my understanding they were only doing refunds on digital copies of the game.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
I want to play it, but need a better GPU.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
It was my understanding they were only doing refunds on digital copies of the game.

I think Gamestop might be refunding physical copies. Don't quote me on that.

quote:
One plus out of this is I’ll never preorder a game ever again.

After the fiasco that was Anthem, I vowed never to pre-order a game again. In fact, I didn't buy Cyberpunk until the day it dropped. I probably should have waited, but at least I'm not experiencing the problems the console guys have.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:

I think Gamestop might be refunding physical copies. Don't quote me on that.

quote:
One plus out of this is I’ll never preorder a game ever again.

After the fiasco that was Anthem, I vowed never to pre-order a game again. In fact, I didn't buy Cyberpunk until the day it dropped. I probably should have waited, but at least I'm not experiencing the problems the console guys have.

My copy is oddly playable since I'm on ps4 base model. It would be weird if the problems were disc to disc or something. I have a few bugs but nothing insane in mine so far.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
There is 16.5GB update on Xbox today

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
No issues yet for me on PS5 playing on the OEM hard drive. But I haven’t played it much yet. Been on that Warzone. Warzone is cross functional so anyone on Xbox or PlayStation can play together. If anyone wants to team play, it’s a lot of fun but hard AF. The kids have been playing it for the better part of a year. So they have load outs, with excellent guns, especially sniper rifles, armor, UAV’s, name it. It’s really difficult but me and a few adults are having fun trying to dodge them and just last. it’s like a platoon where you drop into an LZ and try to survive.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The plot thickens. Apparently, this new patch has made my second play through buggier by far. It looks better graphically but I've had more weird issues with this patch than with the previous 1.04 or whatever.

I'm glad they're still working on it but this is not a great development. I still recommend folks play the game even if you wait until it gets all ironed out.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
The 1.10 patch fixed some bugs but brought out new ones. It has also lowered the graphics resolution to get better frame rates on the consoles.

Some of the items have been down graded by the patch which is being talked about online.

I just hope they keep fixing it and I am really curious about what the initial DLC will cover. Many speculate that the initial DLC may restore cut content.

Best regards,

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2078 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm done. Fired up the game for the first time since the latest update and corrupted game save again.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Im hearing the patch has made things worse from several people now. Admittedly I have not tried to play since I downloaded the patch on my xbox

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine locked up during the last scene of the prologue re: my last check in but is running smoothly since I reloaded and ran it as of this morning.

Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I completed it a couple of nights ago. Decent game, no serious issues for me, but really could have been something great.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
25GB update was released a few days ago. While I still have the game installed, I haven't played it for a couple months and missed it. Reading through the extensive patch notes, it seems like they tried to patch out every bug or exploit in the game all at once.

I'll give this game a third attempt but if it flips out on me again, I'm truly done.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Completed my playthrough last night. Went with a different ending than the first playthrough and it was bittersweet. As I understand it, there are at least two more endings available, so I guess that means two more playthroughs.

As for bugs and exploits, they did away with a great many of them with the April patch. I really enjoyed playing the game this time.

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
My rule with any Bethesda or CD Projekt game is to wait and be patient. It will be a steaming pile of buggy crap upon release but will eventually be patched up to the initial hype.

I bought Cyberpunk 2077 on the latest Steam sale, just in time for the 2.0 update. Apparently a 2.1 update is coming or has been pushed.

I also managed to forget about the release latch when uninstalling a video card so I bricked my PC when trying to do a memory upgrade. Welp, time for a total upgrade! Got a new beast set of components coming, including an RTX 4090 which from what I read the DLSS 3.0 is just amazing. Neural network on the card predicting what the next frame will look like and putting it up there.

Looking forward to firing up a hopefully bug-free CyberPunk with ray tracing and crazy frame rates next week!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
I did a playthrough pre-2.0 but in the last year so most of the issues had been ironed out. A great game.

I am going to do another playthrough with 2.0 and the DLC.

I also have a beast of a system. 14900KS and a 4090. The game looks awesome with everything cranked up to max.

quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
My rule with any Bethesda or CD Projekt game is to wait and be patient. It will be a steaming pile of buggy crap upon release but will eventually be patched up to the initial hype.

I bought Cyberpunk 2077 on the latest Steam sale, just in time for the 2.0 update. Apparently a 2.1 update is coming or has been pushed.

I also managed to forget about the release latch when uninstalling a video card so I bricked my PC when trying to do a memory upgrade. Welp, time for a total upgrade! Got a new beast set of components coming, including an RTX 4090 which from what I read the DLSS 3.0 is just amazing. Neural network on the card predicting what the next frame will look like and putting it up there.

Looking forward to firing up a hopefully bug-free CyberPunk with ray tracing and crazy frame rates next week!

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I've played through the game many times. It was awesome up until patch 2.1, when they locked a few keybinds to certain functions. Since I don't use what's typically the standard, I haven't even had a chance to experience any of the game content affected by 2.1. I'm hoping it gets patched but the majority of CCPs development team are focused on the next Witcher title.

posted Hide Post
They've been good with updating as they go. If you mod or anything, you may have to clean install or wait for the mods to be updated.

I will add that if anyone is on the fence about the Phantom Liberty DLC, I strongly recommend it. It is a very interesting spy thriller.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Well, it's called the Ultimate Edition because this is the "final" build for the game. So, while I'm hoping for a patch to fix the keybinds issue--something that has affect a lot of people on various forums--, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
As a lefty I am affected by the key binding issue. I use the mouse with my left hand so I do a lot of rebinding of keys. The right mouse button is my primary button.

Currently aim is permanently bound to the right mouse button so I aim and shoot at the same time. Annoying. There is a manual hack of the config files that is supposed to fix this but I am waiting for an official fix. I hope it comes soon.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post