SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone playing Cyberpunk 2077?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone playing Cyberpunk 2077? Login/Join 
posted
Mind you, I'm nuts for the genre but I'm loving this game. Yes it has some issues but they don't break the game atleast for me. I think tellingly I finished the game and a day later I built a different character and jumped back in.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. Having a blast!

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Completed the main storyline. Got upset about how they handled letting you continue playing side missions once the main story is resolved. Created a new game using a different faction. Save file corrupted. Haven't played for two weeks.

I'm on PC.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Its pretty unplayable on console. I'm waiting for a serious patch before I continue

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Patch should be coming soon. Wasn't one scheduled for Jan and one for Feb?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
There is supposed to be a big one in February. Not sure about January, I'll have to see, maybe there is one i haven't downloaded yet.

I was a little bummed because I was looking forward to this game and it's probably the most broken game I've ever experienced. I heard the PC version was better, but on Xbox it's bad. Lots of glitching into the ground, getting stuck in places etc.

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I've nearly gotten stuck a couple times. There are an absolute fuckton of exploits in this game, though. That's what really dilutes the experience. I admit it--I basically exploited my way through the entire game on my first run.

I was really enjoying the Nomad faction for my second run-through. But then my saved game got corrupted.

posted Hide Post
I'm on PS4 base and while I have some ps2 graphics every now and then if I do something like drop into a new area or past a big load it catches up in a few seconds and I'm pretty good after that. I look forward to loading it up on a PS5 whenever that comes out in serious numbers and the upcoming patches but I'm really loving the game. Hope it gets up and running for everyone with the next patch.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
My seventeen year old son is playing it. Seems to like it.

when I saw that he bought it I said This game is supposed to be a steaming pile of shit. He replied. I know...I wanted to see how bad it was! lol

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Played on ps5, crashed dozens of times so I gave up. Will wait for update.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Playing on Xbox Series X and only a couple minor annoyances. Waiting on the enhanced version.

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you don't mind me asking how many of you are streaming/download vs physical copy? I'm physical copy on a base ps4 and it's very much playable.

Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Physical copy ps5

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Xbox One X on physical disc

Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
I am really enjoying it on PC. I have not had any problems.

I bought the game on GOG. Orguss, are you running the Steam version? I am curious if the different PC sources affect the game's performance on PC.

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2079 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm running the Steam version. Because of this thread, I decided to start over on the Nomad line. I've put in about 8 hours with no major issues. There's been stuff like my avatar T-posing while driving and a few other physics issues, though.

I'm trying to do as many side quests as I can while slowly accepting main storyline issues to keep from getting too badly corrupted by Johnny. So far, so good!

Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Besides the few dozen crashes of the PS5. I had my car randomly fly into the air a few times. Was pretty funny but annoying while trying to do missions.

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Playing it on PC and haven't had any serious issues. One crash and the sound cut out a couple of times and I had to reload from save to fix it.

I'm really enjoying it. I've dumped a lot of XP into stealth and the handgun skills. You can do ridiculous damage when you add the stealth, headshot, and perk bonuses. My crafting and hacking skills are weak, but so far it looks like there are plenty of different ways to resolve things and my weaknesses haven't been an issue.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Decided to play some tonight. Made it about 45 minutes and crashed during a side mission. One plus out of this is I’ll never preorder a game ever again.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
Decided to play some tonight. Made it about 45 minutes and crashed during a side mission. One plus out of this is I’ll never preorder a game ever again.

I thought they were issuing refunds?

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post