SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    She said that if Markinson doesn't want to be found, we're not gonna find him. She said I could be Markinson and you wouldn't know it.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

She said that if Markinson doesn't want to be found, we're not gonna find him. She said I could be Markinson and you wouldn't know it. Login/Join 
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
You know what Markinson did in the Marine Corps? Counterintelligence. Markinson's gone. There is no Markinson.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Any chance he could have thought, the old man is wrong?

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
"Lieutenant, I'd like you to step outside while we talk about you behind your back"

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Weinberg: Cmdr. Galloway, Lt. Kaffee is considered to be the best litigator in our office. He successfully plea bargained 44 cases in 9 months.

Kaffee: One more and I get a set of steak knives.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
"And the hits just keep ooooon comin'..."

Well technically Kendrick didn't order the code red.....Jessup did, so Kendrick could probably dodge a perjury charge. So the only thing I can surmise is that they're going after Kendrick for obstruction of justice, conduct unbecoming (following an illegal order as Hound Dog pointed out), or some such other charge. But.....IANAL.

Didn't Kendrick testify, under oath, that he WAS NOT ordered, by Jessup, to carry out the code red?

Perjury charge, if they believe Jessup was truthful in admitting to giving the order. Add to perjury the charge of carrying out an illegal order. And, since he embarrassed the Corps (by getting caught), he would get a charge of Conduct Unbecoming an Officer.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
You mean to say in all your time at Gitmo, you've never had a meal?

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
You mean to say in all your time at Gitmo, you've never had a meal?

Kaffee: Corporal, would you turn to the page in this book that says where the mess hall is, please?

Cpl. Barnes: Well, Lt. Kaffee, that's not in the book, sir.

Kaffee: You mean to say in all your time at Gitmo, you've never had a meal?

Cpl. Barnes: No, sir. Three squares a day, sir.

Kaffee: I don't understand. How did you know where the mess hall was if it's not in this book?

Cpl. Barnes: Well, I guess I just followed the crowd at chow time, sir.

Kaffee: No more questions

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'll be the one to say it: "YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" Razz

I think the best part of the movie was Kaffee's surprised facial expression after Colonel Jessup admitted that he ordered the code red.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
Ok, I'll be the one to say it: "YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" Razz

I think the best part of the movie was Kaffee's surprised facial expression after Colonel Jessup admitted that he ordered the code red.

Absolutely. His, "um, did everyone else hear that?" was a great reaction.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I can't explain exactly why, but I watch this movie every single time it is on TV.

I think it's mostly because of the dialogue and the excellent way it's delivered throughout.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I can't explain exactly why, but I watch this movie every single time it is on TV.

Same here, it's hard to pass this one up.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
My favorite part of the movie.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Same here, it's hard to pass this one up.

I don't know about "every single time," but I like the movie and kind of like "My Cousin Vinny," I can jump in about anywhere and enjoy it.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Jessup: "Tom!"
Tom: "Yessir"
Jessup: "Tom, call the president, we're surrendering our position in Cuba"
Tom: "Yessir"
Jessup: "Wait a minute, Tom, don't get the president just yet"

NRA Life Member

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
My favorite part of the movie.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bfV4QbPjMnE" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I liked the scene too, but I had one problem with it.......Base Commander, his executive officer, and platoon commander.....where the hell are the senior NCOs? There would have been a Platoon Sergeant and the Sergeant Major in room at the very least. Cutting the NCOs out of the loop showed what screw ups all three officers were.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Kaffee: Does Aunt Ginny have a barn? We can hold the trial there. I can sew the costumes. Maybe his Uncle Goober can be the judge.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Where's my bat?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
"We follow orders or people die"

"Crystal"

"the witness will refer to this court as Judge or Your Honor, I'm quite sure I've earned it"

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post