SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "You gonna do something or just stand there and bleed?"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"You gonna do something or just stand there and bleed?" Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnXgVcrcyWM

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been a while since I've seen it, but this is probably my favorite scene:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTrxTOFxA50

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of fans of the various Earp movies here on SF. If you get the chance, go to Tombstone. The history is still there. A visit to the old Cochise Co. Courthouse is a must.
My next history trip: Little Big Horn Battle Site.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
YooperSigs. Listen to the wind at the Greasy Grass. That's all I'm going to say.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
"It's like I'm sitting here playing card with my brothers kids or something, you nerve wracking sons of bitches"

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Lots of fans of the various Earp movies here on SF. If you get the chance, go to Tombstone. The history is still there. A visit to the old Cochise Co. Courthouse is a must.

Are you referring to the tourist site or the actual place about 10 miles away? Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Fun fact, everyone in the movie grew out their own mustache for the movie; with the exception of Jon Tenney who played Sheriff Behan because he had a job right before Tombstone started filming. So he had to have his glued on every day.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I thoroughly enjoyed this scene:

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
"Wyatt Earp is my friend":

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
No need to go heeled to get the bulge on a tub like you.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
Is that a fact?

Posts: 540 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
jerk that smokewagon and go to work, boy.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Are you referring to the tourist site or the actual place about 10 miles away? Wink

Tombstone has always been where it is. You may be thinking about Old Tucson which is a touristy ex movie and tv show studio site. That site is about 10 miles from the city of Tucson.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He is referring to the Little Big Horn site, not Tombstone.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post