SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Robin Hood Rant - spoilers inside
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robin Hood Rant - spoilers inside Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
So I gave in to temptation and went out and saw this tonight. I think even the Disney fox character would lift his hind leg on this version. Out of all the Robin Hoods, this has got to be the worst.

It's one of those movies that I tried to park my brain at the door and enjoy but it just wouldn't let me. I'm sorry but hearing Robin Hood utter the words, "Wealth redistribution" really made me wish Douglas Fairbanks would rise from the grave and vanquish the little millennial twit.

Can it really be a Robin Hood movie without mention of King Richard? Sean Connery and Patrick Stewart surely do not approve.

Not usually a grammar Nazi, but Robin Hood done in modern American English with contractions and slang, really? At least Kevin Costner tried to fake a british accent.

WTF is up with magazine fed repeating crossbows? Cool, but more historically inaccurate than Errol Flynn wearing green tights.

When did Little John become black?

Then there's Lars Anderson appearing in the credits as an, "Archery Advisor" with scenes in the movie looking exactly like some of his YouTube videos. Great, now I'm going to have kids coming into the range trying all kinds of stupid stuff with a bow.

Lastly, can it really be a Robin Hood movie with out a split arrow scene? To those of us in the archery community this is sacrilegious. Split arrows are even named Robin Hoods. It's like Smokey and the Bandit without a Trans Am, Dirty Harry without a Smith & Wesson Model 29, or the Lone Ranger without a mask.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the point of the lone ranger, i wish we could get a movie about Bass Reeves..

As for R.H. even the trailer looks like ass.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I skimmed an article about what a huge bust this movie is. The comments were pretty much universal in ripping it, scathing to say the least. From the trailers I've seen, this POS looks unusually insulting and offensive.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Nobody uses swords. They all just use longbows for close up combat.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was ANTIFA the movie.

They drew a lot on the current conflict in the middle east, and then the domestic unrest at home. Notice the shields the sheriff's men carried, they were shaped more like modern riot shields than medieval round shields. If you look at the crusaders, how they wore their vests and carried their bow's it was very similar to US troops down range. I don't recall robin being drafted in the book and IIRC Robin was made an Earl upon the return of King Richard.

Plus, they only showed Sherwood forest at the end and there was no mention of the King's deer and poaching.

Posts: 4547 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
As soon as I saw it had Jamie Foxx I was out.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
It was ANTIFA the movie.

They drew a lot on the current conflict in the middle east, and then the domestic unrest at home. Notice the shields the sheriff's men carried, they were shaped more like modern riot shields than medieval round shields. If you look at the crusaders, how they wore their vests and carried their bow's it was very similar to US troops down range.

Funny you should mention ANTIFA. When I saw the trailer on TV, I told my husband that the crowd scene looked like an ANTIFA mob.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
As soon as I saw it had Jamie Foxx I was out.

This.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I don't think the millennial edition would accurately state that Robin Hood was stealing from the rich the government and giving it to the poor.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The trailer made it look like a modern era movie set in a medieval time frame but at the same time contemporary?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I decided to pass on this one. Here's Monty Python's take on Robin Hood: Big Grin

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/167IhlXnN2Y

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The trailer made it look like a modern era movie set in a medieval time frame but at the same time contemporary?

Well they had those sets and costumes left over from the really bad King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, you know the one where they had elephants and black guys basically roaming across England. Big Grin

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
How many times is this story going to be regurgitated back up on the screen?

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post