SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Disney is buying 21st Century Fox for $52.4 Billion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney is buying 21st Century Fox for $52.4 Billion Login/Join 
Picture of maladat
posted
http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/1...-fox-deal/index.html

There was talk about this several weeks ago, it looks like it is actually happening.

Disney is getting the movie studio, regional sports networks, and the FX and National Geographic TV channels.

It sounds like the deal is largely about Disney owning rights to popular TV shows for a future streaming service.

One bonus side-effect is that now that Disney will own 21st Century Fox, Disney will own rights to the X-Men and can put them in Marvel Studios films.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
One bonus side-effect is that now that Disney will own 21st Century Fox, Disney will own rights to the X-Men and can put them in Marvel Studios films.

Fantastic Four too.

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:

Well, heck, time to start doing reshoots of Infinity War.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Given enough time, Disney will own EVERYTHING. At least until Amazon or Apple buys them out.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Given enough time, Disney will own EVERYTHING. At least until Amazon or Apple buys them out.

Now all restaurants are Taco Bell.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:

Now all restaurants are Taco Bell.

I don't think anybody's going to touch Fantastic 4 again any time soon. . . Both versions tanked badly.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21842 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
If we could get a dozen more X-men movies like and within the existing Marvel cinematic universe with the recent X-men cast that would be great, as far as I'm concerned.

Fassbender, Mcavoy, JLaw, Sansa, Kravitz, and the rest, but done even better.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Yeah... the Fantastic Four movies were horrible.

I don't think the X-Men movies were terrible, but they weren't all that great, either. (Except for Logan, which was awesome.)

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
To think...it all started with the napkin with these sketches...

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I don't think anybody's going to touch Fantastic 4 again any time soon. . . Both versions tanked badly.

Yet, they keep rolling out Spiderman and Batman movies.

The best thing that could happen with a re-introduction of Fantastic Four would be integrating Silver Surfer and Galactus back into the MCU.

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
That last Xmen movie was a suckfest

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The next Disney princess, River Tam?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I was really excited when I heard this for exactly what 46and2 is implying

Holy shit! Now we might get more firefly!

And then I saw the last Jedi

And for the first time in a decade maybe now I don't want more firefly...l

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

Yet, they keep rolling out Spiderman and Batman movies.

The best thing that could happen with a re-introduction of Fantastic Four would be integrating Silver Surfer and Galactus back into the MCU.

There were a bunch of articles posted online yesterday arguing that the MCU would benefit more from getting 21st Century Fox's Marvel villains than from the heroes.

Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
The next Disney princess, River Tam?

Yesterday on Reddit an image popped up about the Xenomorph Queen being a Disney princess now.

Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post