SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Amazon Prime: Mr. Mercedes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Prime: Mr. Mercedes Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
Disclaimer: It's a Stephen King series and you have to buy it.

I'm enjoying season one so far. They are doing a great job of following the books.

It's about an old retired crusty detective vs a sick psychopathic killer.

Anybody else read the books or see this series ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PR64,

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3475 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I read the 3 book series last February. I thoroughly enjoyed all of them and would highly recommend them to anyone.

I enjoy King and Kootz stories. Some might get a little crazy but I haven't come across a clinker yet.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I just finished the 1st season and if you read the books it's a must see.

Getting ready for season 2 (Finders Keepers)

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3475 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I have watched Season 1 and 2.

I have the clown mask and a tennis ball,

Guess what I will be at Halloween?
Smile

I thought the series was well acted, and like the characters. Not bad for an adaptation for King.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Just started watching on “Peacock” streaming. Free with my Xfynity cable.

Pretty good so far, almost done with season 1

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10930 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip. I've been looking to start a new series and after watching S1E1 this looks like a good one.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Stephen King may be a lunatic lefty but he writes some good shit.
Going to give it a try.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Started last night, thanks for the heads up. Never even heard of Peacock streaming until searching for this show.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I saw it is going to cost me $20 so I passed.
Luckily I found "the Queens Gambit" last night and it was a wonderful FREE replacement.
Maybe later or when it hits the free market.
I'll keep it on my watch list though. Frown

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I'm not a big reader when I'm home, but when we go to Mexico once per year I put some books on my Kindle. I am a huge fan of Stephen King's books and the Bill Hodges trilogy is outstanding. I really hate it that he is such a lefty. I doubt I'll watch the shows if I have to pay for them, because he's a lefty.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post