SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movie recommendation - The Edge (1997)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie recommendation - The Edge (1997) Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Easily on my list of top underrated movies. Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin are outstanding in this wilderness adventure of man v. bear.

Just watched it again on iTunes, damn I enjoyed this movie!

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-edge-1997

To add -

If you enjoy this, be sure to check out Liam Neeson in 2011's "The Grey" where it is man v. wolf(s).

It's a wonder I ever went back into the woods!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
It was an exceptional movie, to say the least. Anthony Hopkins is an amazing actor, and the rest of the cast were at their best as well.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Elle Macpherson for some intermittent eye candy, as well.

Good flick.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It would have been a better if Baldwin had been eaten by the bear.

It would also have effected the movie.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Yeah, see, they die of shame. What did I do wrong? How could I have gotten myself into this? And so they sit there and they... die. Because they didn't do the one thing that should've save their lives.

And what is that Charles?

Thinking.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post