SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    World of Tanks, thy youth is past and gone...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World of Tanks, thy youth is past and gone... Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I originally read this thread back in March. I downloaded WoT on my Xbox and became a 'console' peasant (as Jingles would say). A few weeks ago, I finally put my PC together and one of the first things to try was WoT. I was disapointed that the two accounts did not sync but oh well.
Mistakes I made that nearly killed the game for me:
  • focused only on going high tier
  • didn't pay attention to the maps and how to play them.
  • I let the toxic nature of some of the players effect my enjoyment of the game.
  • I spent nearly $90 on gold and I got grumpy about it. I was using purchased tanks and then spending gold to move that experience into my 'main tech line' and using that to push up to higher tier tanks.
  • I made it to tier 7 and bought my T-29 and then things went real bad.

I got mad and basically rage quit / uninstalled the game. (all on the Xbox Peasant Console.)

now rolls in the PC. I started over, watched some videos, and started learning the maps. Then I realized I was just having fun. I enjoyed messing with the crew skills, the different kinds of guns and turrets etc. (on the console they come in packages not individual pieces). While the PC version is not the visual candy of the console HD maps, it is a lot more fun IMO.

Last night I took out a Tier VIII Tank Destroyer with my M4 Easy 8 by tracking him and getting behind him to finish him off. I push back against the critics and challenge them to not just bitch but to state what should be done. most just keep bitching but some have offered great advice and even message me after a game. There are a bunch of great people in the game but most are not very vocal about it.

Since this thread started it all for me, I thought I would post my story hear. I play daily now and I am slowly getting better, main take away is, I am having fun. changing my goals and purpose for playing and just enjoying good matches and strategy is my biggest takeaways.

-David
"klaatu_Barada" on WoT and would love to learn from you veterans of the game.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Nowadays I spend 1 - 1 1/2 hours grinding at night once or twice a week. Will add hou to my list. I'm IZN0GUD.

Just for the sake of it. Which Klaatu is closest to your heart? The original 1951, Ringo Starr's Goodnight Vienna album, the canadian rock band with beatles references all over it, Evil dead saga or Keanu Reeves movie?

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:

Just for the sake of it. Which Klaatu is closest to your heart? The original 1951, Ringo Starr's Goodnight Vienna album, the canadian rock band with beatles references all over it, Evil dead saga or Keanu Reeves movie?

0-0

It always has been the 1951 movie. It was one of the first movies I saw as a kid in the 70's along with Forbidden Planet. Smile

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cruiser133
posted Hide Post
I have about 30k battles now and just finishing up the Deathstar grind before they permanently remove it on Tuesday. I finished the Foch 155 grind right before that to again beat the deadline and now after grinding two horribad lines I am a bit burned out. I am now going to play some fun premiums to get credits to buy the 3 or 4 tier 10's I have unlocked. It really helps these days that WG is pretty liberal with regard to handing out bonuses.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post