SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Steven Wright: Comedian, philosopher
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steven Wright: Comedian, philosopher Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted

Sometimes, I just need to slow down, breathe and get a bit of perspective.

Confucius, Plato, Churchill, Musashi and others are part of our rich heritage.

And in his own wright ...

“Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.”

“If at first you don't succeed then skydiving definitely isn't for you.”

“When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.”

“I wish, when I was first born, the first thing I said was "Quote" so the last thing I said before I died would be "Unquote.”

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"If you believe in telekinesis, raise my hand."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
My doctor told me I shouldn't work out until I'm in better shape. I told him, 'All right; don't send me a bill until I pay you.'

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried snorting coke once, but the ice cubes got in the way.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I was traveling to Canada and when I got to the border they asked if I had any firearms. I said “What do you need?”

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
"What's another word for Thesauraus?"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I once bought some dehydrated water. I didn't know what to add."

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."

If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone, somewhere is making a penny.”

“If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?”

“I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.”

“Everyone has a photographic Memory, some just don't have film.”

“I intend to live forever. So far, so good.”

“I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.”

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
<--- See my CUT...

"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time."

"...on the other hand you have different fingers..."

"It doesn't make a difference what temperature a room is, it's always room temperature."

"Hermits have no peer pressure."

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I went down the street to the 24-hour grocery. When I got there, the guy was locking the front door. I said, "Hey, the sign says you're open 24 hours." He said, "Yes, but not in a row."

I've never seen electricity, so I don't pay for it. I write right on the bill, "I'm sorry, I haven't seen it all month."

One time a cop pulled me over for running a stop sign. He said, "Didn't you see the stop sign?" I said, "Yeah, but I don't believe everything I read."

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way back in college at VA Tech, late 80s or early 90s, my soon to be ex-fiancé and I were walking across campus to see him live. We walked along one seldom-used side of the building and he pops out a side door and asks if I had a light. I did not as neither of us smoked. Missed opportunity to chat with a comedy legend.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
I have a road map of the United States. It's actual size.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
"I have the largest sea shell collection in the world. I keep it on all the beaches..."

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"If you shoot a mime, should you use a silencer?"

Posts: 1217 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
I like to stick my head out the window and pose for Satellite shots...

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"That guy that wrote the alphabet song... he wrote everything."

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
I bought some second hand paint, it came in the shape of a house.

Posts: 540 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'If you are in a car travelling at the speed of light, will the headlights work?'

Tony

Posts: 306 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I think someone stole his stuff once and replaced it with an exact replica.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
I hooked my tv up to my microwave. Now I can watch 60 Minutes in 60 seconds.

Posts: 1265 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post