SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Victorian Farm, free on Amazon Prime
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Victorian Farm, free on Amazon Prime Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
Season 1

Enjoyable series by veteran archaeologists and anthropologists preparing and living for a year on a farm as if in Victorian England.

Helps one appreciate today's conveniences as well as history.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanPatWork
posted Hide Post
I believe this is the same on YouTube. We came across this during the lockdown and my pre-surgery isolation. Many other series to watch from them as well.

Their channel is Absolute History.
https://youtu.be/Ccjyt7BQEVU

Posts: 284 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
The Great Chefs series on Prime is great, as well as extensive. New Orleans, Chicago, Austria, of the West, and several more. Each episode starts with an appetizer, then main course, then desert - a different chef for each.

Also check out Inside Sportfishing. 2020, 4 seasons, 30 episodes per season - each around 30 min.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
wife and I watched episode one last night,

we learned a bit, and enjoyed it,

not sure I want to eat a sandwich made on a shovel that was used to chuck coal in a boiler tho,,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There was a similar show several decades back that I recall enjoying, with several families living like Iron Age Celts in a homestead for a year. It was called Living In The Past.

But it doesn't look like it's available for streaming or even on disc these days.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
damn 4 days to do a bit of laundry. They need to stop wearing white shirts when working in the pip pen etc. The women needs a medal for doing all of that, then cooking a full meal on the coal fired stove. If they could get past the need for sparkling white shirts to start their outside work day, and maybe a sandwich now and again would go a long way. We've learned a lot along the way.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post