SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Season 3 of The Expanse on Prime
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Season 3 of The Expanse on Prime Login/Join 
posted
Went to Amazon Prime yesterday and they had a banner up advertising season 3 of the expanse is available now.

They seem to be pushing it a bit harder than others. Does this mean they picked it up from the once pretty good but turned shit SyFy channel?

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man, have I been looking forward to this!

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Yup, watched the first episode last night.

They also advertised "Black Water" with Jean Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren.

Now, I knew Dolph is/was primarily associated with low budget flicks, but I thought maybe Van Damme could save it.

I was wrong. The plot had holes you could drive a truck through and the sets were just cheesy. Nothing resembling a serious attempt to depict a submarine. The Navy crew and dialog was beyond awful.

One of those "I can't believe I watched the whole thing" movies.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah they picked it up for Season 4 and just got the rights for Season 3.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is season 3 a new season??

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might be wrong but I believe Science channel originally aired Season 3. Season 4 is due to be released in Summer of 2019.

IMHO it’s the BEST Sci-Fi series in seen in years. Some of the action gets a little compressed compared to the books but I love the Show and can’t wait until Season 4 is released. I had read all the books a year or 2 ago and still loved the series on TV. I think it’s just going to keep getting better and better there is a lot of material still to go from the books.........dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
Is season 3 a new season??

No. But Amazon is supposed to be filming a season 4.

Posts: 6608 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside

No. But Amazon is supposed to be filming a season 4.

Filming has already wrapped up. It will be released summer 2019.

Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Man, after season 3, it practically becomes a better version of Stargate! LOL WTF?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Man, after season 3, it practically becomes a better version of Stargate! LOL WTF?

HUH?

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I saw the banners for it. Im looking forward to Season 4.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
quote:

HUH?

I don't want to put any spoilers out, but yeah....the conclusion of season 3, it's a perfect set-up for a kind of Stargate show.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
quote:

HUH?

I don't want to put any spoilers out, but yeah....the conclusion of season 3, it's a perfect set-up for a kind of Stargate show.

Setup, yes. Will be, probably not if you are familiar with the book storylines.

Just finished Season 3. No spoilers. There were some story and editorial decisions that... I’m not a super fan of. In the greater story, they don’t matter so much, so I’m only dinging them down to an A-.

--

JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, and the next book in the series releases March 26.

--

JALLEN 10/18/18

My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
“You’re not that guy. You’re not that guy.”

“Oh thank you! Thank you.”

“I am that guy.”

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Cool, last time I checked there was a charge for each episode, even for Prime members.

Edited: Started it last night. Man, it’s been a long time between seasons. I only vaguely remembered what happened way back in season two.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gibby29,

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kravashera:

“I am that guy.”

That was a friggin great scene! :-)

Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kravashera:

“I am that guy.”

Loved that scene !

Amos rocks

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you’re reading the books, Tiamat’s Wrath released last week. You’ll want to read the Strange Dogs novella before digging into book 8, it really clarifies some later parts. The time frame of Strange Dogs is right after book 6.

--

JALLEN 10/18/18

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Awesome! I'm gonna catch up and rewatch the last few of season 2 to refresh then start season 3.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post